Type1. Hey everyone first time here :)

Abba fan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I am Suzie I have been a type 1 diabetic for 33 years now and I am now 45 years old .. I also suffer from hypothyroidism, does anybody else have this problem? It be nice to hear from all as I usually just suffer in silence!! I love to read and travel a lot with my other half I am also a keen music lover as my partner organizes a lot of gigs .. Rock and roll

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Abba fan . Welcome to the forum. There's some great people here with loads of advice and experience, but with 33 yrs diagnosis I suspect you will have plenty to offer the rest of us.
I'm 27 yrs diagnosed now 53 yrs old and take thyroxine.
As for Abba............ absolutely one of the best groups ever. Loved them as a teenager and still spend time listening to them now, even though I'm a complete hard rock fan.

Reactions: Abba fan

KezG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tripe, most shellfish.. mussels, cockles etc...
Hi I am Suzie I have been a type 1 diabetic for 33 years now and I am now 45 years old .. I also suffer from hypothyroidism, does anybody else have this problem? It be nice to hear from all as I usually just suffer in silence!! I love to read and travel a lot with my other half I am also a keen music lover as my partner organizes a lot of gigs .. Rock and roll
Hello and welcome to the forum. :)

pugster75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi and welcome to the group. I'm reasonably new to here as well but must say, everyone has been lovely and helpful. I am type 2 and love music, Abba, anything 80s as well as lots more.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello and welcome @Abba fan :)
ps as you are an Abba fan, I would recommend a film called Muriel's wedding, it's a fantastic Australian film with some wonderful Abba moments :singing::joyful:

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @abba fan
welcome to the forum !! :)
T1D for 44 years and hypothyroid as well here !
music is a big part of my life too !! ( think of a new playlist every evening with our meal -- LOL :D)
and attending loads of gigs too !!

Reactions: Abba fan and Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
welcome here Abba fan :)

I also am on levothyroxine as my gland has been killed, but I am type2 , I hope you are treated for your hypothyroidism

Last edited:

Ange G

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
..... I am relaxed sitting at home wondering what fate beholds of my diagnosis, browsing, learning and sympathising with all on this forum. My hubby, whilst so supportive but not diabetic and oblivious of what I am looking at and typing. I would be be truly lost without this forum, its been my best friend since being diagnosed. Ask anything, and you will be sure to get an answer but above all, you are not alone.

M

mist

..... I am relaxed sitting at home wondering what fate beholds of my diagnosis, browsing, learning and sympathising with all on this forum. My hubby, whilst so supportive but not diabetic and oblivious of what I am looking at and typing. I would be be truly lost without this forum, its been my best friend since being diagnosed. Ask anything, and you will be sure to get an answer but above all, you are not alone.

Except for when you are lost in the Sahara desert, then you are alone, also when you are lost at sea..:eek:

Reactions: Freema and Abba fan