Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi Lar I do that it sometimes works well good luck K

soppyone

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you actually count the grams of carb you eat ? And proteins as proteins can also be transformed into blood glucose if eaten in higher numbers of grams like more than 0.8 grams Pro kg body weight . Where is you tipping point ? : is it under 100 grams , 80 grams or under 60 grams or maybe under 40 or 20 grams , some type 2 persons can only manage under 20 grams of carbs a day if you want normal blood glucose and many people do eat much more carbs than they think if they count their carbs on slump. But maybe you only have raised morning number higher than the recomended ?

ah. far too complicated for me. I don't count carbs. I tend to eat a variety of stuff and check regularly to make sure it is okay, which it usually is during the day. the morning is the worst. I am looking at morning phenomenom now on the advise of 'grumpy granny's' post.

soppyone

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I haven't been doing this long myself but high readings in the morning seem to be through your liver dumping glucose they call it on this site the dawn phenomenon,ask the question on this and you will get lots of answers,this is a fantastic site for diabetes so much help on lots of problems and good advice on regulating your blood glucose levels.Welcome to the diabetes.co.uk site Granny_grump sometimes just K.

Yup, this looks like my problem. checked online and symptoms tally. I do have a stroppy liver, jaundice last year, and up and down during the night due to removal of various internal bits. Long time to go without eating and higher in the morning sounds like a liver dump. And, I like the sound of a glass of wine now and again, or a few nuts. Much friendlier than another set of drugs. Also, I am on glic, not metformin, so the lows might be kicking in during the night. I will check that. Thank you K, .

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good morning at 4am my reading was 5.0

After trialing myself for a month I now get up set up my meter make a cup of tea and then wash my hands and take test(10 minutes later ) and then test and the results have been second reading always lower;)