Feeling hot associated with high BG?

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone else experience feeling hot when they're high? I didn't pay any attention to it for ages, but now I really notice the correlation. I just experience a wave of heat.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi! Lovely to see you. :)

And yes, particularly at night. But then my nighttime hotness is legendary ;)

Reactions: LucySW

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah, 100%, have had times when I have felt like I am actually on fire lol

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Does anyone else experience feeling hot when they're high? I didn't pay any attention to it for ages, but now I really notice the correlation. I just experience a wave of heat.

Can't say I've noticed @LucySW

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not me. When I'm low of course, I can get a little sweaty, but I feel fine high.

Reactions: clanders

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If I wake up feeling really hot I have a higher than normal FBG..

Pamzy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People with bad manners
Yes, I also wake up feeling like I will explode with heat, usually around 4 or 5 am. On occasions I have had to get up and drink cold water, or go in the bathroom where the stone floor is ultra cold and lie on it! The other thing that happens is my arms, and sometimes my back get very itchy - I believe this is the tiny capillaries trying to shut down to protect themselves.

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And yes, particularly at night. But then my nighttime hotness is legendary ;)

We have had air con installed in the bedroom. I have a 1 tog quilt and hubby adds a 13 tog single to his side.

My hotness is also legendary - I have a fan in every handbag and one in the glove compartment. I keep one in my work briefcase as well but can't always use it due to the work I do - it's always hot in the buildings I work in :-(

Reactions: Lorraine deer

clanders

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could the heat be coincidental, particularly for potentially menopausal women?

clanders

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My mum is nearly 80 and still gets hot flushes at times! Yikes.
I have Raynaurds and am only now starting to get momentary feelings of being hot, particularly at night.
However I have only recently started on Novorapid and Levemir.
I am hypothroid too and my Levothyroxine has just been increased.
Feeling extreme temperature changes can be a feature of Fybromyalgea,
There are so many things that could be causing you to feel hot - it's a long process to eliminate all the things it's not!
In the meantime enjoy the bathroom floor, ice cubes on your pulse points should help and an evening bath with 2 drops of peppermint oil in the luke warm bath water might help too as might mint tea.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well that answers that one then! Are your episodes of feeling hot linked to high blood sugar levels Brunneria?

They are, since I've been testing. But I can't claim that is the case for the whole 30 yrs, because I've only had a meter for the last 5 or so... but I think it is likely.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had an early menopause as a result of a hysterectomy. The hot flushes were awful but have almost gone now ..
These hot moments feel very different. I really think in my case it's the liver being "helpful" and giving me a glucose boost. I feel it most at night, I wake up with a tingly feeling, a bit like an adrenaline rush, and then the heat follows. It's only a minute or two. I just throw the covers off, cool down and then go back to sleep.

Reactions: clanders

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I get the shivers when I'm high, and overheat when I'm low!

And - sigh - although I'm only 42 I'm no stranger to the 'tropics', these days.......
:(

Juliehunt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,I get hot a lot in bed, but never thought it could be high readings and I am also very restless and get itchy belly as well, is it all associated with high sugar reading, does anyone know,??