Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 and I was a bit discouraged as I've been being good on low carb.

a lot of type 2 diabetics have to also count their proteins , most women only need like 40 grams protein or around that a day
(0.8 gram pro kg bodyweight a day )
the problem is that excess protein will also by the liver be transformed into glucose ...and then numbers will be higher the next morning due to too much protein the day before..:shifty:

Reactions: MsMelis

MsMelis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a lot of type 2 diabetics have to also count their proteins , most women only need like 40 grams protein or around that a day
the problem is that excess protein will also by the liver be transformed into glucose ...and then numbers will be higher the next morning due to too much protein the day before..:shifty:
Thank you Freema! I'm still getting the hang of it all. I bet that was exactly why it was higher as I had a high protein meal for dinner.

A

asparagusp

Freema, as women get older, they need more protein. - "Seniors — Beef it up to prevent muscle loss" - http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...eef-it-up-to-prevent-muscle-loss/bgp-20136508

Reactions: Keesha

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Freema, as women get older, they need more protein. - "Seniors — Beef it up to prevent muscle loss" - http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...eef-it-up-to-prevent-muscle-loss/bgp-20136508

okay, but I would think that was only if they did excercise to keep up musclewise to counteract the ever smaller musclemass,

If one do not "hurt" the muscles a bit by excercising they wont build up to more musclemass, so another truth of women getting older is that they do have to excercise more and more to keep the same musclemass.

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
18.3 mine, and that's lower that it has been, does anyone else have far higher levels in the norning than they do durig the rest of the day?
Mine get lower over the course of the day - hoping the LCHF diet will gradually make the starting level lower so the overall readings will get lower