Nervous

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi really nervous re my endo app tomorrow
But at least I'll no we're we are going moving forward. Pump or no pump it's all a bit nerve racking lol @azure @Juicyj I think I managed to change my type of diabetes finally.

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Good luck with your appointment. I've never had the desire to have a pump. I know people who love them and people who don't and go back to taking regular shots. Let us know how it goes and keep in mind that the technology behind the pump will only improve with time so if it doesn't work out this time, maybe down the road ... :)

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you. I think if they do offer it I'll give it ago. At least then I won't have any regrets.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@nessa1970 Yep, you've changed your diabetes type :)

Don't be nervous about your appointment. Look on it as an opportunity. I recommend making a few notes so you can ask all the things you want as it's easy to forget when you're there.

Good luck and let us know how,it goes. X

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Best move for me was getting a pump, has given me greater control, takes work to get the settings right and you still have to work at it over time but it's well worth it, look up youtube vids when you have an idea of what they are suggesting, seeing how other people use theirs and what they get out of it will help you get your head round it, good luck Nessa :)

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you @azure
I will definitely write notes too
I'll update you guys tomorrow
Question
Why does everyone type @ before your name? I do it but I don't no if I'm doing it right or why I'm doing it lol
Just copying you guys

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @Juicyj
We have the animus 20 or 2020 here that is subsidised have you heard if that one is ok

vans

How did it go nessa?

BTW the @ just turns it into a link / tag I think, so the member gets notifications maybe?

Reactions: azure

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck with the (possible) pump. Your sig says Type 1 and your original post says you changed your diabetes type. What did you change from? And about the "alerts" where do you get alerted and about what, a reply?

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How did it go nessa?

BTW the @ just turns it into a link / tag I think, so the member gets notifications maybe?

Hi
Well my dnsaid that they'll take it to aprils meeting an she's recommending I have one
So in the next three months should be on my way

Reactions: azure

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck with the (possible) pump. Your sig says Type 1 and your original post says you changed your diabetes type. What did you change from? And about the "alerts" where do you get alerted and about what, a reply?

Was diagnosed type 2 for nearly two years

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Misdiagnoses are surprisingly common, particularly when adults develop diabetes. Many adults are assumed to be Type 2 simply because they're adults, but are later found to be Type 1.

The alerts should appear on the top right of your screen by the flag to the right of the Message envelope. Every time someone tags you, you should receive an alert. You should also get an alert if someone quotes your post like I have now.

A tag is simply to draw a person's attention to a post eg if you have rare condition XYZ and a new member is asking about that, another member may tag you in their reply so that you are alerted to the thread and can contribute.

Reactions: nessa1970