Thigh Bone Pain

wookie101

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

For about a year now, while in bed, so no weight or pressure, I get a pain on the outside of my left thigh bone, with everything else going on in my life I'd not pain it any attention and then it stuck me, that it hasn't gone away and I should talk to the doctor next time I see them.

So just wondering if anyone else has been suffering anything similar?

Reactions: Freema
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i have a pain in my left thigh. must make an appointment with doctor for six month check up. So will find out soon

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If the pain is at the top where the thigh joins the hip, it may be a condition called trochanteric bursitis aka greater trochanteric pain syndrome. I have it myself and it's bloody annoying :(

wookie101

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
HI the pain is on the outside of the left leg from the middle of the leg going towards the top, but doesn't get to the top. So not near or at the joint. I've got a Dr's checkup on Thurs so I'll mention it then,

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Then it sounds like ITB/TFL (illiotibial band/tensor fascia latae) - if you google it, you'll find lots of info.

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
As Indy51 says. May be worth talking to your GP about it. I have had problems with it, I broke my leg quite badly last year and was in a cast for 7 months which certainly made it worse. Physio and the dreaded foam roller sorted it out though.