Travel insurance

mirror

Does anyone know where i can get a cheap price for travel insurance for 2 diabetic children (15 and 12) going on holiday as part of a family of 6 to Tenerife in July for 10 days?
They dont seem to be covered by normal insurance as it is a pre existing condition they are being treated for .. grrr

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
contact Diabetes Uk. They should be able to advise you
Hana

candyfloss

Dislikes
Processed foods and refined carbohydrates!
I got a good quote for travel insurance after full disclosure of diabetes and other medication being taken from getmy travel insurance. The web site is getmy.com I think.

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
people with no sense of humor and take life to serious
i know there has been posts on here before about travel insurance and most prob panicking about nothing but after a disatsrous six month am bck on medicaition for my diabeates i take 1 meterformin i am going away in 1 wk to egypt have today rang the insurance company and they have said that because i wasnt on medicaition when took the insurance out i will be covered but in future will have to declare when i book does this make sense or should i ring up and enquire again better to be safe than sorry

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
carlos said:
i know there has been posts on here before about travel insurance and most prob panicking about nothing but after a disatsrous six month am bck on medicaition for my diabeates i take 1 meterformin i am going away in 1 wk to egypt have today rang the insurance company and they have said that because i wasnt on medicaition when took the insurance out i will be covered but in future will have to declare when i book does this make sense or should i ring up and enquire again better to be safe than sorry

If it was me I would e-mail the company and ask for confirmation of what you have been told. Then you at least have something that you can use if they do try to wriggle out of a claim. The person you spoke to may be correct but it is always best to have it confirmed either in writing or an e-mail.

Ken

jane22

It is essential that you disclose everything otherwise they could refuse to pay out in the event of a claim. I had a couple of other issues in addition to the diabetes and Diabetes UK insurers refused to cover me. I have used All Clear for the past 2 years and they cover me for all my present conditions. My husband is a cancer survivor and my son is healthy. We pay about 200 pounds for an annual policy for all 3 of us. It allows us to travel independently of each other and there are no exclusions. We all travel frequently so I think the price is OK.