No more meds!

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My doctor reduced my meds down to a single metformin 500g last year as my HbA1c has consistently been in the "non-diabetic" range.

After my last one was also in this range (I don't currently know exactly what it is because I had to request my results in writing before they'll give me them and I won't get them until the end of the week, which is another story), I have been taken off my meds completely and am now diet controlled only

I didn't really have any side effects from the Metformin, but I'm still delighted to be off them as it feels like I have taken control of my diabetes rather than the other way round :)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Well done! I know what you mean - the day the dietician said that I didn't need to take the Gliclizade and that I was controlling it by diet only was definitely a good day! I still take the herb Gymnena Sylvestra but this is to primarily keep my sweet tooth in check so I don't backslide into old habits!

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
My doctor reduced my meds down to a single metformin 500g last year as my HbA1c has consistently been in the "non-diabetic" range.

After my last one was also in this range (I don't currently know exactly what it is because I had to request my results in writing before they'll give me them and I won't get them until the end of the week, which is another story), I have been taken off my meds completely and am now diet controlled only

I didn't really have any side effects from the Metformin, but I'm still delighted to be off them as it feels like I have taken control of my diabetes rather than the other way round :)
Well Done! I recently had the same experience, it's really great not to have to take medication. On the other hand, perhaps a little metformin is no bad thing, but that's a different story...

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, I finally managed to get a printout of my results and they definitely make happy reading!

When I was diagnosed in November 2014, my HbA1c was 107 - It's now 38!

Also, my Cholesterol is normal (4.5 with a ratio of 2.7 and trigs of 0.6), my Liver function is normal and my electrolytes are normal.

Basically, I'm healthier than I've been since my teens :D

Reactions: Ultramum