Links and Ads linked to Diabetes Cure.

JuliaAR

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Has anyone else found that when they click on links and tags on this site they get directed to an American ad for a diabetes "cure"? I clicked on the forum tag at the top of the Home page this evening and was twice linked with this site and other links on other pages have taken me there too. Can the Administrators look into this as it's worrying to think that the site might have been hijacked and it gives a seal of approval to this ad which is promoting a fad diet to cure type 2. How can I alert the Administrators to do this?

JuliaAR

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Thanks for moving this to a more appropriate place and for helping to bring it to the Aministrators' attention.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have anti virus software on your computer.. might be worth running it as it may be a problem on your machine.. I must admit I have never had this happen to me from the forum so I'm thinking it may be something local to you perhaps?
May be worth running a scan just in case?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Can you send a screenshot? It could be an isolated issue on your side as we haven't had any issues raised?

JuliaAR

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Can you send a screenshot? It could be an isolated issue on your side as we haven't had any issues raised?
I can't log in to the site on my pc now as it won't recognize my password. I can only post from my iPad and I don't get the same page format on this. It must be my end but if I get the page up again I will post a link. Thanks for looking into this.
Have run a virus check and nothing found. Who knows ?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Have you had it since? If you email [email protected] she can reset your password. I've added Jade into the chat so she help you do this. Thanks!

JuliaAR

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
image.jpeg
Have found the ad again. It is under the tab "diabetes and the family". When I click on that tab it opens a new tab and you are into the ad. If you close the ad the tab closes and you go back to the real diabetes.co.uk "diabetes and the family" page. I took a photo of the ad but it won't upload as it is too large. I will try to lower the resolution but I'm not a computer nerd so I may have problems. Success!

JuliaAR

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I still can't log in to the forum on my pc. I can sign in with a saved password to the rest of the site but when I go to the forum it signs me out and I have to resign in. Then it won't accept my password. All very strange. On the iPad I'm fine. @Administrator.

JuliaAR

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Have located and cleared everything off my computer that related to this ad. (cookies, browsing history etc.) Now I can log in and use the forum on my pc again. Very wierd experience. Needless-to-say I am not going to try to repeat it.

JuliaAR

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Found the ad again this evening on a different link at the right hand side of the home page under "6 junk foods that may not be as bad as you think". Clicked on it and there was the ad again. I can't believe I'm the only person to be experiencing this. Anyway have cleared all the browsing history and cookies again and all seems well. Somewhat annoying.