Feeling hot associated with high BG?

clanders

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Julie,
welcome to diabetes.co.uk! I am a new comer too. The posts all seem to identify feeling hot with high blood sugars. Then again feeling hot can be signs of a hypo. Maybe try 10 random tests when feeling hot and itchy and see if there is a pattern? Good luck

jemmaedias

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey Lucy - I know exactly what you mean! I notice that an hour or so after my breakfast I got very bad hot flushes. It can be quite embarrassing! I'm 18 so I'd hope this is not linked to menopause Since I've moved to a more low GI breakfast I've noticed that my sugars don't peak so dramatically from breakfast and this has also eliminated hot flushes!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,I get hot a lot in bed, but never thought it could be high readings and I am also very restless and get itchy belly as well, is it all associated with high sugar reading, does anyone know,??

@Juliehunt It may be. The best thing to do if you can't settle at night, is to test your blood sugar so you can make sure you're in range.

Feeling hot can be caused by both highs and lows, as can restlessness, or it could be something unrelated to your diabetes.

Ultimaf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs in Potatoes
Yes very much so I try to keep my BG under 7 so I eat very few carbs. I feel like death when I go above 10 boiling hot and sweating nearly to the point I feel like a hypo...