Tomorrow's the day!!!

Skye's_mummy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My LO is due to get her pump tomorrow morning and I'm sooo excited!! I was just wondering if I have everything packed I need.
Glucose monitors
Pump
Canulars
Insulin
Reservoir
Insulin pen
Test strips(both)
Inserter
Is that really all we need??!!!
Thanks guys x

genix

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@sky's_mummy diabetes wise that looks like all you will need. Good luck for tomorrow I will be thinking of you both. oo

Reactions: Skye's_mummy

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Skye's_mummy . As I am on MDI I don't know if you've got everything you need for pumping.
But I do know you're LO has got the most important item , and that is you.
Good luck tomorrow especially for the LO.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My LO is due to get her pump tomorrow morning and I'm sooo excited!! I was just wondering if I have everything packed I need.
Glucose monitors
Pump
Canulars
Insulin
Reservoir
Insulin pen
Test strips(both)
Inserter
Is that really all we need??!!!
Thanks guys x

Good luck tomorrow, I hope all goes well for Skye :)

Reactions: Skye's_mummy

T1Dad

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Exciting!! Which one did you go for?

Skye's_mummy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Exciting!! Which one did you go for?

We didn't get a choice but it's probably what I would have chosen anyway!! Medtronic 640. Just seen your post about saline train, hope it goes well for you both. As far as pump belts we order of funky pumpers, she's in the middle category of sizes and she's only two!! But mind you she's a giant!

iHs

If you haven't already got any, some weighing scales will be needed to enable the carb content of food to be worked out to an exact gram and then from that, an accurate carb ratio can be figured etc. Pumps are not so forgiving as MDI. Get some Emla cream to numb the skin a bit so that your little girl doesn't feel the infusion set going in. Get loads of time and patience as there will be times when nightime bg testing will be needed unless a fairly accurate cgm can be used and never think that a pump wont ever go wrong, always have back up of pens just in case.

Skye's_mummy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If you haven't already got any, some weighing scales will be needed to enable the carb content of food to be worked out to an exact gram and then from that, an accurate carb ratio can be figured etc. Pumps are not so forgiving as MDI. Get some Emla cream to numb the skin a bit so that your little girl doesn't feel the infusion set going in. Get loads of time and patience as there will be times when nightime bg testing will be needed unless a fairly accurate cgm can be used and never think that a pump wont ever go wrong, always have back up of pens just in case.

Thanks we're already using good scales for carb counting. She's a tough cookie and wasn't bothered by it at all! I have got some just in case but I can see us not needing it! Yeah sleeps massively overrated anyway, 2 hour testing for a few weeks probably.