Happy !

Jillytee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
March 16th 2016 weight 110kg HB1ac 105 . One year later on Metformin 500mg twice daily and a low carb diet my HB1ac 38 and weight 68kgs . Never thought I would manage to keep off bread and chocolate ! Just had to post as feeling really happy Xxx

Wow definitely a winner, it's amazing what one can achieve well done and how lovely to feel so happy :happy:

Christinecr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Wow definitely a winner, it's amazing what one can achieve well done and how lovely to feel so happy :happy:
Thankyou . It has been hard and I often felt alone ( husband not very understanding of illness ) so to get this result has made it all worth while . I am seeing Diabetic nurse on Friday so hopefully she will reduce / take me off my Metformin .

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's fantastic and well done for sticking with it! I believe low carb or moderate carbs (depending on what you can tolerate) really is the way to go. I'd got complacent but now I've changed my diet and not only is my weight starting to come off, but my previously high BP, although I'm on medication to lower it, has now come within normal levels. It just goes to show what rewards we can achieve when we make some changes.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I found a no added sugar chocolate. It does contain sugar alcohols aka polyols, so was fairly cautious about the amount I ate - but so far so good.

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

Shelly69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Amazing you should be very proud of your achievements, I need you will power, bread is my weakness!

Reactions: Prem51