Insight pump

mariposa84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello!

Hoping someone might be able to help me.

Does anyone know how to find the Insulin to carb ratio settings on the meter? Also, the correction factor?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Snapsy and Medusa41

fozzie84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Both of these can be found in.....settings, bolus advice, time blocks. Pick the time block you want, click next a couple of times and you'll get to the carb ratio and sensitivity (correction) ☺

Reactions: Snapsy

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @mariposa84 & thanks @noblehead for tagging If you go to settings, bolus advice, time blocks, select a time block, then press next, next again & you'll find the carb ratio section there. Make sure you save any changes as you go along. Hope this makes sense! How are you finding it so far?

mariposa84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks noblehead, fozzy84 and medusa41 for your help!!

I knew it had something to do with the time blocks...!

Struggling with trying to lower my hba1c and feeling like a failure for not being able to so hope if I tweak my ratios slightly it may help my overall control.

Thanks again☺

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the tag - am late to the party!

Hi @mariposa84 - don't feel like a failure - it's all a process, and you're getting your ratios sorted so that will help your control - hope it goes well. Changing just one thing at a time is a good way to go about it (I have form for being very gung ho about changes and am always tempted to change lots of things at once - with unpredictable results).

How do you like the Insight? I'm seriously in love with mine....

:)

mariposa84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Snapsy!

Thank you for your supportive message.

Fingers crossed it works! Have just ordered a freestyle libre to see if that might help me too. Do you use one?

I really like the Insight but the one thing that drives me mad is how slow it is sometimes or when I get an electronic error and the screen freezes for what feels like forever. I was on the omnipod which I loved but the adhesive and my skin did not get on to put it mildly!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi! I know what you mean about the speed of the handset - I try to remember to turn it off once a week or so by pressing and holding the off switch for 5 seconds - that seems to make it perform better.

And yes I have a Libre - it's amazing - I couldn't be without either that or the
Insight! Sorry to hear the adhesive of the Omnipod was an issue - I fancied the Omnipod but ended up with the one the diabetes centre recommended - and that's fine because I love my pump!

:)

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@mariposa84 - it drives me mad too sometimes - v slow at times & always when I'm hurrying!!!! I use a libre too - can highly recommend it! @Snapsy - I'm gonna try that to speed it up -

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I am on my second Insight pump as I was getting airbubbles in the tubing after 10 months, I have started to get them again and they are not small bubbles but 1/2 inch long some longer. I have just came off the phone to Roche and I need to speak to my Accu-Chek rep as they will not send out another pump, aprt from the bubbles I like the pump but as stated the handset cannot be compared to a mobile phone but the reboot once a week does help a little

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh no @Gaz-M - that's rubbish. Let us know what the rep says. Hope you get it sorted.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Oh no @Gaz-M - that's rubbish. Let us know what the rep says. Hope you get it sorted.
Will do, I had to drop off a cartridge of insulin at the Daibetic unit tonight as it had a large airbubble in straight out of the fridge and the DSN has suggested doing a full set change every 3 days instead of the 6 days I usually have to do it but seems to me that its novonordisk that is at fault with the bubble thing as there normally is none in the new cartridges. Last night I did a full change and 20 after there was a 4mm bubble, same this morning but there was 5 smallish bubbles all of which were around 2mm

iHs

I am on my second Insight pump as I was getting airbubbles in the tubing after 10 months, I have started to get them again and they are not small bubbles but 1/2 inch long some longer. I have just came off the phone to Roche and I need to speak to my Accu-Chek rep as they will not send out another pump, aprt from the bubbles I like the pump but as stated the handset cannot be compared to a mobile phone but the reboot once a week does help a little

Try keeping the pump vertical with the tubing joining at the bottom and not at the top. That way any bubbles won't go into the tubing and will stay in the cartridge as bubbles rise to the top.

iHs

Thanks noblehead, fozzy84 and medusa41 for your help!!

I knew it had something to do with the time blocks...!

Struggling with trying to lower my hba1c and feeling like a failure for not being able to so hope if I tweak my ratios slightly it may help my overall control.

Thanks again☺

I found that my mdi carb ratio was a bit more correct than the ratio my pump dsn started me off on.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Try keeping the pump vertical with the tubing joining at the bottom and not at the top. That way any bubbles won't go into the tubing and will stay in the cartridge as bubbles rise to the top.
yeah thats the way I wear it :)