1 Minute Muffin

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
With my 2 boiled eggs today I had a 1 minute muffin toasted, a brilliant replacement for bread and only 3 carbs. My weight now is 11 stone 7 lbs it has been for the last few months with a fluctuation of about 3 Lbs either way so I am continuing with low carb because my blood sugar is now normal! So basically I am in a maintenance mode, after a loss of 67 Lbs in weight I am delighted with the weight loss It has improved my health in so many ways.

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The recipe is 1 large egg a pinch of salt 2 heaped teaspoons of coconut flour 1/4 of a teaspoon baking powder, mix in a mug I then transfer from the mug to a ramekin and then 1 minute in the microwave on full power = 3 carbs, I cut it in half while hot! Put butter on both sides and let it melt into the muffin. Also if I have a sweet tooth I add 1 teaspoon of sweetener and a few dried fruits it takes the same time in the Microwave a spoon of jam or honey makes it sumptuous a few more carbs though lol.

Reactions: paulliljeros

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you think nut flour would work in place of coconut flour? No coconut anything for me. You had me on the melted butter!!

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I am not sure but try it anyway the most you
Do you think nut flour would work in place of coconut flour? No coconut anything for me. You had me on the melted butter!!
can lose is an egg lol

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Viv0147 sounds yummy is coconut flour readily available in supermarkets etc ?

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Viv0147 sounds yummy is coconut flour readily available in supermarkets etc ?
I am not sure where you are from, I bought mine in Morrisons

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Yes definitely!!

I make larger batches - 5-7 muffins in largeish muffin cases with all sorts nuts or seeds (ground almonds or hazelnuts, milled flax, sesame flour, walnut meal, some DIY & some bought), either as is or in combination: approx 200g , with approx 75 g butter, 3 eggs, baking powder, and various sweet or savoury additions and flavourings, microwaved for approx 3 mins. All work well for me, and I've also done some of these in a mug too, in the smaller quantities - but prefer to make me a weeks worth in one go! But there are dozens of recipes for this sort of muffin, both in our low carb recipes section or elsewhere online, and various types of low carb "flours" can be found in many supermarkets, Holland & Barrett, or online from Amazon, ebay, Sukin, Avidlte, in the UK. Or some of the nutty ones can be ground in a coffee mill or similar.

Robbity

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The recipe is 1 large egg a pinch of salt 2 heaped teaspoons of coconut flour 1/4 of a teaspoon baking powder, mix in a mug I then transfer from the mug to a ramekin and then 1 minute in the microwave on full power = 3 carbs, I cut it in half while hot! Put butter on both sides and let it melt into the muffin. Also if I have a sweet tooth I add 1 teaspoon of sweetener and a few dried fruits it takes the same time in the Microwave a spoon of jam or honey makes it sumptuous a few more carbs though lol.

Yumm.. so simple and quick. Just saw this recipe 3 minutes ago and am munching the results now. :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Sounds good and gluten free too :) I dislike anything coconut, so maybe Almond 'flour' ?