Anyone here using the Type Two Diabetes Testing Program?

MsMelis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello --
I just wanted to get some general information on this. I signed up for the program which is heavily promoted on Diabetes.co.uk but I've never received the meter, been double charged for the service and not received answers to my email queries. I really need this type of programme as my testing has over the years been non-existence or sporadic. So I guess I'm just checking that it is a legit thing.
Melissa
@Administrator, @CaptainWard

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Msmelis not sure what that is about I have never seen it and what do you mean double charged for the service?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wasn't aware of this program which is probably due to the fact that I pay for all my own supplies. I could tag @Administrator and if he reads this then maybe he knows who to have a word with.

MsMelis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Msmelis not sure what that is about I have never seen it and what do you mean double charged for the service?
Hello and thanks for replying -- both of you. I mean I got my account got charged twice in a row for the same payment. I think it should have once. And the program is Type2Testing. It is sold through this website and part of their business.

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @MsMelis
Hello --
I just wanted to get some general information on this. I signed up for the program which is heavily promoted on Diabetes.co.uk but I've never received the meter, been double charged for the service and not received answers to my email queries. I really need this type of programme as my testing has over the years been non-existence or sporadic. So I guess I'm just checking that it is a legit thing.
Melissa
@Administrator, @CaptainWard
Hi @Mselis .. and welcome
In an email yesterday, I received details of the new T2 testing programme offer: https://www.type2testing.com It has a free meter with test strips and lancets available for either quarterly or annual delivery (paid in advance). The strips and lancets seem reasonably priced .. just a little bit more expensive than other similar offers .. so I think I'll stick with my TEE 2 package, which is available at: http://spirit-healthcare.co.uk/product/tee2-blood-glucose-meter/
I have not contacted anyone about this new offer and I have no idea about the double charging issue but I would think it's legit .. probably with a pretty iffy admin backup service
Hope this helps

Reactions: MsMelis

MsMelis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did Captain Ward and I appreciate the ease of using the website to contact staff. It is all sorted out --
Thank you
MsMelis