Low Carb Success

tglen5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I am doing so well now that I have finished the low carb program. My morning blood glucose is now around 5 and I have lost one and a half stone in weight. I am waiting for my next Diabetic Clinic to find out my latest Hba1c level. Must admit the weight is really slow at coming off but it may be due to the increased exercise that I am doing. I now walk for 45 minutes each day.
Tricia

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That's brilliant, Tricia. Don't worry about the weight loss slowing down, that's normal. What's more important is your bs, which seems right on target. Keep on keeping on. :happy:

Reactions: Prem51

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good morning @tglen5 my friend that's great news well done:)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done!

And I agree. Blood glucose control is way more important than weight loss (which is the icing on the cake. it is good, but not as good ;) )

Reactions: Tophat1900

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Good morning @tglen5 my friend that's great news well done:)

What is it with the good morning posts?
Every post I have read of yours, it's always morning. It's like ground hog day at your house and you're trapped in an eternal state of morning. :happy: The day never ends, cause it never gets past morning. :joyful:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @tglen5 and welcome to the forum! Well done on reducing your fbgs. Your next HbA1c test should reflect these.
Your bs levels are more important than weight reduction, but that should follow too.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Every post I have read of yours, it's always morning. It's like ground hog day at your house and you're trapped in an eternal state of morning. :happy: The day never ends, cause it never gets past morning. :joyful:

Top of the morning @Tophat1900 my friend its because every morning is the start of another bonus of a day;) I am full of Bouncability every morning its getting lighter every morning:)

ps have a good day;)

Trebor2516

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I am doing so well now that I have finished the low carb program. My morning blood glucose is now around 5 and I have lost one and a half stone in weight. I am waiting for my next Diabetic Clinic to find out my latest Hba1c level. Must admit the weight is really slow at coming off but it may be due to the increased exercise that I am doing. I now walk for 45 minutes each day.
Tricia
I went on the '8 Week blood sugar diet' Devised by Dr. Michael Mosley and Prof. Roy Taylor. It is an low carb diet lasting 8 weeks, after the 8 weeks I had lost 3.5 stone, blood sugar was normal ( between 5 - 7), My BMI dropped from 35 to 29, I have reduced my insulin from 60 units twice a day to 25 twice a day. I fully recommend type two diabetics get the book and follow this diet. There are some delicious recipes in the book, and more in a follow on book of recipes.

Reactions: Prem51 and kokhongw