CGM Sticky tape?

Kerry-Michelle

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any extra sticky tape or patch like things for a freestyle libre cgm that isn't micropore? (Severe allergy to micropore)

I've just started a two week trial and the sticky edge around the sensor is already coming away, I have used some plaster tape and I'm hoping that it will keep it stuck down!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Kerry

paulliljeros

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I was wondering if anyone could recommend any extra sticky tape or patch like things for a freestyle libre cgm that isn't micropore? (Severe allergy to micropore)
I use Opsite Flexifix tape and skintac adhesive and find they work for my dexcom for upto 3 weeks before a new patch job is required. Afraid I don't know if they are classed as micro pore though I'm afraid, but definitely recommend them.

Kerry-Michelle

I use Opsite Flexifix tape and skintac adhesive and find they work for my dexcom for upto 3 weeks before a new patch job is required. Afraid I don't know if they are classed as micro pore though I'm afraid, but definitely recommend them.

Thank you paulliljeros! I shall have a look!

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Rocktape. I've used it on 2 sensors now. It stops them getting knocked off. Keeps the edges down, after 2 weeks it looks as good as the day it was applied. And it stops that nasty ring of black goo you are left with when you remove a sensor.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Molnlycke do a 7 x 8 cm plaster called Mepore which have worked fine for me: never had problems with libre stickiness but smooths out the edge contours to save snagging. Omnicare pharmacies sell them for 17p, others chemists oddly for 40p, not on display, have to ask for them at the counter.

Kerry-Michelle

Thank you Scott-c unfortunately the mepore is the same as micropore, apparently uses the same glue.

Eventhorizon do you know what glue is on the rocktape?

I brought some 3M tegaderm film patches from my pharmacy yesterday which were okay until I woke this morning with a burning hot arm and just around the patch not he sensor. So I've gone back to using some plaster tape, but despite that I'm so pleased with the cgm system so far!!

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a look on the box for information about the glue, couldn't find any. On their website is says

'RockTape is made from 97% cotton and 3% nylon. The adhesive is a hypo-allergenic, acrylic-based and contains no latex.'

col101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use cohesive bandage from local pharmacy it only sticks to itself so no allergy problems. Have found libre brilliant hope it works well for you too

Kerry-Michelle

I use cohesive bandage from local pharmacy it only sticks to itself so no allergy problems. Have found libre brilliant hope it works well for you too

Thank you col101 I shall have a try of this too!

How long have you been using the libre?

I love it so far! It's only been a day

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Tubigrip. Can be cut up and washed endlessly..

Reactions: Kerry-Michelle

col101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you col101 I shall have a try of this too!

How long have you been using the libre?

I love it so far! It's only been a day
Been using since October. Started as a free trial organised by dsn, 1 sensor plus reader, been self funding since it's expensive but I feel it's worth it. I work shifts and it's given me confidence to turn to work think it's really helped BG levels.

Reactions: Kerry-Michelle

Kerry-Michelle

Been using since October. Started as a free trial organised by dsn, 1 sensor plus reader, been self funding since it's expensive but I feel it's worth it. I work shifts and it's given me confidence to turn to work think it's really helped BG levels.

So pleased for you col101! I feel so much better about tracking my BG! I love my accucheck but this sensor is amazing!!!

After I've completed the two weeks I'm going to continue and self fund for a few months and see how I feel about it financially.