Just started Victoza

debdebc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there
I started Victoza 2 days ago and apart from feeling tired I have felt okay. I have been so worried about the sickness side of things as I have a real thing about being sick! I am hoping that if it was going to happen it would have done by now? (could be wishful thinking on my part)!

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I never really had the sickness - I hate being sick too. I did get the odd bout of nausea and I couldn't eat much in the mornings. Still can't. Have been on it about 12 weeks with no real side effects. I have lost weight and it makes me feel full which is a novel feeling. My blood sugar readings have dropped by about half.

debdebc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I never really had the sickness - I hate being sick too. I did get the odd bout of nausea and I couldn't eat much in the mornings. Still can't. Have been on it about 12 weeks with no real side effects. I have lost weight and it makes me feel full which is a novel feeling. My blood sugar readings have dropped by about half.

Well done, it sure sounds like its working for you :). Mt levels were 4.9 this morning which is the lowest they have ever been

Reactions: Liam1955

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had a 5.4 which scared me as hadn't seen it that low! Back in the 7's so would like a little lower but I am moving gradually to lower carb to help. I do find its slowed digestion so once every 36-48 hours is normal for me and I have to make an effort to eat fibre. It has helped with my IBS symptoms though so very happy. For me it's a wonder drug and has really helped. Good luck and I hope it works for you. The research papers I read suggested that if you were an early responder ie blood sugars dropped and you lost weight in first 12 weeks then you tended to keep it off after a year and lost more than those in the placebo group.

Reactions: Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@cott97 - Hi :). Your 5.4 result was nothing to be scared about. It was well within range. Blood Glucose Ranges for Type 2:
Before Meals. - 4 to 7.
2 hours after meals. - 4 to 9

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I know - just me panicking and tbh what I should be aiming for but when your previous readings have been 17+, a 5.4 after a couple of simple injections is a shock! Thanks for the reassurance and taking the time to post.

Rainey46

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I've been on Victoza for nearly 2 weeks and never felt so ill, I'm having awful side effects feeling and being sick, diarrhoea and loads of burps which smell and taste like egg (sorry yuk I know). I was wandering if there are any foods to avoid while using Victoza? I'm so close to stopping it.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi @Rainey46 - perhaps go back and see your GP and/or Diabetes Nurse, and explain these nasty side effects you are experiencing.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I am on victoza and taken it for 15 months with so side effects at all.
I would speak to your gp about the side effects