What do people eat?

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Lots of meals can be done over weekend and frozen so when your tired all you need do is take something out before work put it in fridge to defrost slowly for when you get home. Casseroles,soups, check out lots of foods on here and diet doctor.Make up enough meals to get you through most of week,wish you well it's hard when you work full time been there myself. But people on here will always give you help and advice anytime just ask the question. K

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You can make enough tuna, chicken or egg salad with mayo to last a few days/ meals. Can be tossed on lettuce wraps or a handful of salad greens. A big pan of roasted veggies too. They last and just be reheated. Or raw veggies like celery, bell peppers, cucumbers, mushrooms

Avocado. Add a little sea salt and Scoop right out to the skin

Make serving size cups of nut butters and celery.

It takes a bit to get organized and into a routine but once done just put on auto pilot.

Nothing has to be fancy. Just grab some protein, some veggies and some fat.

Michael4450

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi what to eat for breakfast try a 2 egg omelette with fillings e.g. Chicken or plain and drink plenty of water

chichurocket

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you! I started prep all my lunch for the week now, made stir fry chicken with boiled veg, some chicken for chicken wraps, boiled eggs, cucumber n celerey with Humos. And salmon that i will cook night before with veg. And i got loads of Graze nut boxes for snack so hope this will get me going.

Thyroiddiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I eat whatever I want at the moment not too much though.I don't have strips at the moment but I hope 3 metformin a day and lots of walking is keeping it controlled.Low carb is the way to go though.

Reactions: chichurocket

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
I basically have normal foods but no fries I grill bacon ,poach eggs ,mushroom, lots of steak ,chicken ,veggies even frozen chips you've just got to test and filter out the foods that spike your bloods ,takes a few weeks but you get there

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Lidl triangular brown high protein rolls are good if you need to take food to work with you.

Low carbohydrate, and keep you full for ages.
Fill with cheese, ham, tuna mayo, egg.

Take a bag of salad; buy one from the supermarket or get baby tomatoes and chop some peppers and cucumber all in a plastic bag.

For breakfast I have coffee with butter and double cream. Fills you up and is very quick to prepare.

chichurocket

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got loads ready for this week so fingers crossed i keep my blood in the the 7s lol