Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
5.1 this morning (and I had steak and kidney pie last night!). I did an experiment of taking a milk thistle and bitter melon capsule with the meal. Looks as if either/or one of them does seem to help with my levels. Either way I'm keeping on with the milk thistle in an attempt to get my cholesterol down a bit.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Are your meals low carb too? It only works for low carbers who are struggling with a higher fbg than all other bgs hun. Fbg is the last to improve on low carb but a restless night doesnt improve my fbgs either.
Can the restless night be a little of the cause? Are you stressing too much?

Totally low carb. Don't think I'm stressed, other than my BS in the mornings!

D

debrasue

Good morning everyone - first things first, thank you all for wishing me well for my dn appointment, your friendliness and support has made all the difference to me since I was diagnosed :happy: (details of the outcome are below)

fbg was 4.1 this morning

I've been doing a happy dance since yesterday lunchtime. :joyful:
I was hoping for a bit of a reduction but my HbA1c was 29! (still can't quite believe it).
sodium level was towards the top of the range and chloride just above the range but all the other listings in the kidney function test were ok (have to watch the salt I guess?) and it wasn't flagged up as a problem.

I'm still very obese but she was happy with my weight loss and my blood pressure.
fbg at diagnosis was 9.0 (9 months ago).
Wow! That is an amazing result - well done!

D

debrasue

Nearly diagnosed yesterday started on metformin and 18.2 this morning
and I feel rough please tell me it gets better
Morning, and welcome to the forum!
You are feeling so rough because your blood sugar levels are so high, but once you start to bring them down - and it can happen quite quickly for many lucky people, then yes, it does get better. The information you'll get from @daisy1 will show you the ways in which you can start to reduce those readings.
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

debrasue

Hi Debrasue 6.2 today cut the protein at lunch time usually have omelette with mushrooms cheese and bacon and a side salad,I cut out the bacon and had the rest. Then had pork chop three veg above ground ones and 4 carrots the tiny ones you only top and tail. Used up rest of mushrooms and two onion rings left over in freezer from Christmas! Just emptying freezer to defrost it. Rest of days BG was 6.0 after lunch 5.9 before evening meal 7.9 2 hours after. So hope I've found what stopped me losing more weight. Lost 2 lb more this morning Happy K
Hi honey! Good luck with your new eating programme. :)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nearly diagnosed yesterday started on metformin and 18.2 this morning
and I feel rough please tell me it gets better
Welcome, I'm sure it will get better. Stick with us, lots of help, support and ideas to improve your circumstances. Good luck:)

Reactions: gunner10

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Debrasue 6.2 today cut the protein at lunch time usually have omelette with mushrooms cheese and bacon and a side salad,I cut out the bacon and had the rest. Then had pork chop three veg above ground ones and 4 carrots the tiny ones you only top and tail. Used up rest of mushrooms and two onion rings left over in freezer from Christmas! Just emptying freezer to defrost it. Rest of days BG was 6.0 after lunch 5.9 before evening meal 7.9 2 hours after. So hope I've found what stopped me losing more weight. Lost 2 lb more this morning Happy K
Well done K!! Happy for you. You work hard at beating this thing, you deserve your success:):joyful: