Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm not feeling so great at the moment but my GP doesn't care about it
@JenLou I've seen the thread you started, and you are getting some good advice there. This thread is really just for reporting fbgs, so I won't derail it any more.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@wheelabout In my signature below you will find links to the Basic Information and the Low Carb Program. I hope these will be useful to you.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone - first things first, thank you all for wishing me well for my dn appointment, your friendliness and support has made all the difference to me since I was diagnosed :happy: (details of the outcome are below)

fbg was 4.1 this morning

I've been doing a happy dance since yesterday lunchtime. :joyful:
I was hoping for a bit of a reduction but my HbA1c was 29! (still can't quite believe it).
sodium level was towards the top of the range and chloride just above the range but all the other listings in the kidney function test were ok (have to watch the salt I guess?) and it wasn't flagged up as a problem.

I'm still very obese but she was happy with my weight loss and my blood pressure.
fbg at diagnosis was 9.0 (9 months ago).
H
Well done you!K[/QUOTE
Thank you none of it is easy but if you slip you have to get up and keep trying,and well done to you too K