Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Fbg 3.3 so breakfast very early. No carb rebound for me. The correct breakfast will tick all the boxes.
Being made for me on my birthday! :) :) :)
Happy birthday :) have a great day

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well I finally woke up to a decent reading 5.3 BUT all I had for dinner was two small glasses of red wine (seeing a friend), five olives wrapped with anchovies and some walnuts. I can't help but think this isn't the way forward.
Once in a while will be good for your bgs! I wouldn't advise it everyday thou. Well done for finding what can help you. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Mine did something similar too last night - same foods that I'd eaten before with no dire effects - the only thing different was that I'd been feeling cold all evening ... I don't get it either!
Not well cooked veg can change the dynamics of the thyroid function. Underactive thyroid sufferers are advised to avoid raw veg! Coldness is one of its side affects.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.1 this morning at 6.30 AM.

Sometimes I think fbg is more rather a case of luck than judgement yesterday was for me one of those to hell with it can't be bothered days but got away with it this morning another time I wouldn't so will try and get back on track.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
5.1 this morning at 6.30 AM.

Sometimes I think fbg is more rather a case of luck than judgement yesterday was for me one of those to hell with it can't be bothered days but got away with it this morning another time I wouldn't so will try and get back on track.
Come on..... tell all. What cheating did you do? Make me salivate.
I might have chocolate today and/or cake for my birthday. I'm planning on being naughty today.

Reactions: Ultramum

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Fbs shot up to 6.4 this morning after a sleepless night with very fast heart beat. Thought I was going to have a heart attack. I had forgotten to take my medication Tevapropranol last night. It was really scary and I knew this morning that my blood sugar would be affected. LOL