Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nothing springs to mind :)
Hello everyone.

How are y'all doing?

I'm sorry that I have not been on for a long time. I have been very busy and just haven't had any time to come on.

Things have been really progressing well. I am still off the alcoholic beverages and I'm managing my diabetes really well now. I have learnt so much over that last couple of months.

I put on a whopping twelve kilograms over a time of 3 weeks which took me to 79kg. I think that one of the biggest reasons that I put on so much weight other than Diabetes it's self was because I was taking Mirtazapine for a while. I'm not sure if Mirtazapine is directly responsible for the weight gain but it does give you a ravenous appetite. Although, saying that, I don't think I ate significantly more than I normally would have done when I wasn't taking the Mirtazapine. Since I was diagnosed with diabetes I have been feeling better and better and because of that I have recently managed to come off Mirtazapine completely. I have now got back down to 67k. :D

I still have a lot to learn and a long way to go but I just thought that I'd call in, say hello and give you a small update.

Time is tight so I cant stay on.

I really hope that all of you are doing as good as I am feeling and are enjoying life. So for now I wish you all my very best. Take care and have fun. Byeeeee :)

Andrew :)

Reactions: db89 and urbanracer

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey @everway9 good to hear you are doing well since diagnosis. It is all a lot to learn bit by bit, day by day as you get accustomed to your own diabetes. I read a post on here where someone likened it to a marathon not a sprint and that helped make a bit of sense to me shortly after diagnosis.

Hey welcome back @everway9

Note you are from Carlisle that's my neck of the woods too

Snap!

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hey. :)

Yup I live near Carlisle. 5 miles south of Wigton at a place called Greenfoot which is just up the lane from Boltongate. If you search for post code CA7 1DF on Google maps and use street view my house is the one with the little pink car outside. :)

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hey @everway9 good to hear you are doing well since diagnosis. It is all a lot to learn bit by bit, day by day as you get accustomed to your own diabetes. I read a post on here where someone likened it to a marathon not a sprint and that helped make a bit of sense to me shortly after diagnosis.

Snap!

Wonderful

Reactions: everway9

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hey. :)

Yup I live near Carlisle. 5 miles south of Wigton at a place called Greenfoot which is just up the lane from Boltongate. If you search for post code CA7 1DF on Google maps and use street view my house is the one with the little pink car outside. :)

Lovely

Reactions: everway9

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lovely
emoji3.png

What? The car? :D

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nothing wrong with a (huge guess) Suzuki Alto?

Any road if we had our own section could we use some of the local dialect?

Yan
Tyan
Tethera
Methera
Pim
Lethera
Sethera
Hovera
Dovera

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes