13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Just logged onto the Surgery online system and checked my HbA1c results......I'm happy with a **37**.
My cholesterol seems ok too, LDL 1.9, HDL 0.98, Trig 3.4, with overall slightly up at 4.4.

I'm in the category of Low-er Carbs, and as a semi-retired chef see my goal as finding ways to rediscover enjoyment in what I cook and eat, while trying to stick to a scheme that keeps my sugar low. Touch wood - it seems to be working!
:happy:
That's terrific news, very well done from me too

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Out of interest has your pain threshold got better or worse since doing lchf?
Sorry for the delay, @ickihun . In the last three days I've had two further consultations/examinations, then yesterday a day out having an MRI.
I had this back/disc problem a couple years ago and was mixing diazepam/co-codamol and ibuprofen. I believe that wrecked my pain threshold and since then have been wary of taking pain killers. Unfortunately this time round I had no choice.
I don't think LCHF has affected it one way or another. (I just know it's bl**dy painful!!)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my good friends on Type 2 Life after a long period of absenteeism due to the fact that I had to be present in my council flat and couldn't attend Tate South Lambeth Public Library whilst Lambeth Council's Contractors The Breyer Group were renovating my kitchen and bathroom,

I am posting from PC No 3 at Tate South Lambeth Public Library and am on a Public Computer.

I've had a few awesome days this week. My kitchen and bathroom upgrade is reaching a stage of completion. On Monday 13th March 2017 the handyman is coming with the electrician and plumber. The plumber is to plumb in my washing machine, the electrician to put a seal around the plug sockets on the ceramic tiles in the kitchen and the handyman to fit my shower fitting to the wall with marine blue ceramic tiles over the bath in the bathroom and he will also take up the protective flooring and clean up by sweeping and mopping.

My Chromebook Lap Top Computer should be delivered as of 10 days since Wednesday 8th March 2017 when my Care Coordinator contacted me by telephone to inform me that she had an email from my Corporate Appointee stating that there was a discrepancy concerning the Debit Card connected to my account at Adult Community Services Client Affairs Team at Phoenix House. It has been replaced and 10 working days after Wednesday 8th March 2017 Argos should be contacting me at home notifying me of the delivery date of my Chromebook Lap Top Computer and bedding.

I also got the results of an X Ray I had approximately 2 weeks ago concerning my pain in my back that seemingly radiated to my legs. My GP said there was no prevalence of rheumatoid arthritis like she initially expected, but that the pain and immobility was muscular of which she gave me the contact number of the Physiotherapy Department at St Thomas' Hospital for me to ring and discuss Hydrotherapy in a hydrotherapy pool.

And to increase my activity levels, so I'm going to ask my Care Coordinator to assist me, with my Corporate Appointee, to get a leisure card with enclosed photograph and go swimming and to the gymnasium with trainers to help out. The nearest leisure centres to myself are Brixton Recreation Centre and Clapham Manor Leisure Centre.

My blood glucose reading yesterday was an impeccable 4.8 Millimoles Per Litre and this morning I have drank 2 mugs of coffee and 4 glasses of tap water.

Have a lovely day, my friends, and hugs and best wishes to you, for this day in March, where I have another shot at smoking cessation with help and support from the Lambeth Stop Smoking Service and www.quitnet.com.

From,

Johnny Baker, sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. x X x.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Hi, Johnny.
In fact, that BG reading of 8.8 is probably correct, as there is a lot of fructose (fruit sugar) in prune juice. You might have got a lower reading if you had eaten some berries instead...
Hugs
xx
Thank you so much for your quote, @debrasue, my good friend. The prune juice did taste a bit sickly and a rather odd taste. It was recommended to me from a Nurse called Jill at a service I am a patient at called the bowel and bladder clinic as I also have an overactive bladder and faecal impaction caused by an unpleasant bowel condition called idiopathic megarectum. I'm sure that cranberries and blueberries will be good for that instead and to increase me fibre intake like buying All Bran like my Mum did for me when I was younger and eating wholemeal/wholegrain food items like brown pasta, brown rice, brown bread and drinking plenty of water and exercising regularly by swimming and walking. But I do realize bread and rice and pasta are devil carbs so that might spike my blood glucose readings. Much love to you, dear @debrasue, hope you're feeling better now. Love and Hugs from Johnny Baker (@autisticwonder1970). x X x.

D

debrasue

Thank you so much for your quote, @debrasue, my good friend. The prune juice did taste a bit sickly and a rather odd taste. It was recommended to me from a Nurse called Jill at a service I am a patient at called the bowel and bladder clinic as I also have an overactive bladder and faecal impaction caused by an unpleasant bowel condition called idiopathic megarectum. I'm sure that cranberries and blueberries will be good for that instead and to increase me fibre intake like buying All Bran like my Mum did for me when I was younger and eating wholemeal/wholegrain food items like brown pasta, brown rice, brown bread and drinking plenty of water and exercising regularly by swimming and walking. But I do realize bread and rice and pasta are devil carbs so that might spike my blood glucose readings. Much love to you, dear @debrasue, hope you're feeling better now. Love and Hugs from Johnny Baker (@autisticwonder1970). x X x.
Poor Johnny... you do have a range of problems to contend with, don't you? It's inspiring, though, that you cope with them all and yet remain so cheerful and upbeat, finding time for your friends along the way. All things considered, I think you do a great job! Maybe prunes themselves, rather than prune juice, might be helpful since they have all the fibre but less fructose gram for gram than the juice...
Hugs xx

D

debrasue

Good Morning, my good friends on Type 2 Life after a long period of absenteeism due to the fact that I had to be present in my council flat and couldn't attend Tate South Lambeth Public Library whilst Lambeth Council's Contractors The Breyer Group were renovating my kitchen and bathroom,

I am posting from PC No 3 at Tate South Lambeth Public Library and am on a Public Computer.

I've had a few awesome days this week. My kitchen and bathroom upgrade is reaching a stage of completion. On Monday 13th March 2017 the handyman is coming with the electrician and plumber. The plumber is to plumb in my washing machine, the electrician to put a seal around the plug sockets on the ceramic tiles in the kitchen and the handyman to fit my shower fitting to the wall with marine blue ceramic tiles over the bath in the bathroom and he will also take up the protective flooring and clean up by sweeping and mopping.

My Chromebook Lap Top Computer should be delivered as of 10 days since Wednesday 8th March 2017 when my Care Coordinator contacted me by telephone to inform me that she had an email from my Corporate Appointee stating that there was a discrepancy concerning the Debit Card connected to my account at Adult Community Services Client Affairs Team at Phoenix House. It has been replaced and 10 working days after Wednesday 8th March 2017 Argos should be contacting me at home notifying me of the delivery date of my Chromebook Lap Top Computer and bedding.

I also got the results of an X Ray I had approximately 2 weeks ago concerning my pain in my back that seemingly radiated to my legs. My GP said there was no prevalence of rheumatoid arthritis like she initially expected, but that the pain and immobility was muscular of which she gave me the contact number of the Physiotherapy Department at St Thomas' Hospital for me to ring and discuss Hydrotherapy in a hydrotherapy pool.

And to increase my activity levels, so I'm going to ask my Care Coordinator to assist me, with my Corporate Appointee, to get a leisure card with enclosed photograph and go swimming and to the gymnasium with trainers to help out. The nearest leisure centres to myself are Brixton Recreation Centre and Clapham Manor Leisure Centre.

My blood glucose reading yesterday was an impeccable 4.8 Millimoles Per Litre and this morning I have drank 2 mugs of coffee and 4 glasses of tap water.

Have a lovely day, my friends, and hugs and best wishes to you, for this day in March, where I have another shot at smoking cessation with help and support from the Lambeth Stop Smoking Service and www.quitnet.com.

From,

Johnny Baker, sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. x X x.
Hi Johnny! That's great news that you don't have RA - you must be very relieved. I'm sure you'll enjoy the hydrotherapy. I have had that for sciatica and it's amazingly effective and really warm and enjoyable.
Great BG reading, too. Well done.
Good luck with the smoking. You'll get there, Johnny - just keep persevering.
Hugs xx

Reactions: Granny_grump_

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Sorry for the delay, @ickihun . In the last three days I've had two further consultations/examinations, then yesterday a day out having an MRI.
I had this back/disc problem a couple years ago and was mixing diazepam/co-codamol and ibuprofen. I believe that wrecked my pain threshold and since then have been wary of taking pain killers. Unfortunately this time round I had no choice.
I don't think LCHF has affected it one way or another. (I just know it's bl**dy painful!!)
Oh no. I have a pelvis and lower back problem since taking canagliflozin. I feel my sensors have been brought to life. My nervous system is running like a galloping horse. I have a fast heart beat now. It started with palpatations on lchf diet. A few others have more sensitivity to touch etc. I feel all the pain in my body. Previously I felt no pain, at all.

D

debrasue

Oh no. I have a pelvis and lower back problem since taking canagliflozin. I feel my sensors have been brought to life. My nervous system is running like a galloping horse. I have a fast heart beat now. It started with palpatations on lchf diet. A few others have more sensitivity to touch etc. I feel all the pain in my body. Previously I felt no pain, at all.
I have to say that I have certainly felt more general pain since starting LCHF just over a year ago, but I don't know if it's down to the diet or whether it's age-related. On occasions when I have relaxed a little over low carbing, it hasn't made the pain any better or any worse...

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have to say that I have certainly felt more general pain since starting LCHF just over a year ago, but I don't know if it's down to the diet or whether it's age-related. On occasions when I have relaxed a little over low carbing, it hasn't made the pain any better or any worse...
I agree, me neither. I'm losing weight and no change to pain nor breathing. Another person has had their beta blocker changed and breathing returned to normal. Fingers crossed Bisoprolol is my breathing problem cause. No different on inhalers! Painkillers stop breathing problem in rest. Its weird!

Reactions: connie104

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was on 10mg of bisoprolol for 6 years and it was only after I developed bradycardia (slow heater beat ) that the heart consultant was shocked I'd been put on this high dose and immediately changed it to 5 mg which I'm on now . Must admit I've had no other side effects with it except getting breathless when my heart goes down to 30/32 beats per minute

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi Johnny! That's great news that you don't have RA - you must be very relieved. I'm sure you'll enjoy the hydrotherapy. I have had that for sciatica and it's amazingly effective and really warm and enjoyable.
Great BG reading, too. Well done.
Good luck with the smoking. You'll get there, Johnny - just keep persevering.
Hugs xx

Well done with the BG readings Johnny,and your renovations will soon be done,wishing you all the very best take good care of yourself. lol Kathleen

Reactions: 13lizanne

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I just wanted to say a belated happy birthday @ickihun, I hope you had a wonderful day xx

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was on 10mg of bisoprolol for 6 years and it was only after I developed bradycardia (slow heater beat ) that the heart consultant was shocked I'd been put on this high dose and immediately changed it to 5 mg which I'm on now . Must admit I've had no other side effects with it except getting breathless when my heart goes down to 30/32 beats per minute
My husband had his dose of Bisoprolol increased to 7.5 just before Christmas and it seems to have helped his breathlessness and occasional fast heart beat. He has bradycardia as a result of his heart op 10 years ago but has a pace-maker which helps. Although I can never figure out why a heart that needs a pace maker because it beats too slow can suddenly beat too fast - a couple of times it's gone up to 180 beats per minute!

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

Rose88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning, I've not been able to post for awhile as I had been rushing around and caring for my mum who was unable to get out of bed for a week due to back ache and lung infection and then last week I 'did my good knee in' it swelled up like a ballon and I still cant put any weight on it. Dr checked it out and said I've got osteoarthritis in both knees now :( told me to rest for about 2-3 weeks, this I'm going to find hard to do as I hardly sit down I'm always doing stuff. My blood sugars have been high again between 8-14 I think this could be due to inflammation and not being able to move about much. The right knee doesn't look a ballon this morning lol, thank goodness the swelling and pain are coming down slowly and so have the blood sugars this morning.
Hope everyone has a great week! :)

Reactions: Angelofthemarches
D

debrasue

Morning, I've not been able to post for awhile as I had been rushing around and caring for my mum who was unable to get out of bed for a week due to back ache and lung infection and then last week I 'did my good knee in' it swelled up like a ballon and I still cant put any weight on it. Dr checked it out and said I've got osteoarthritis in both knees now :( told me to rest for about 2-3 weeks, this I'm going to find hard to do as I hardly sit down I'm always doing stuff. My blood sugars have been high again between 8-14 I think this could be due to inflammation and not being able to move about much. The right knee doesn't look a ballon this morning lol, thank goodness the swelling and pain are coming down slowly and so have the blood sugars this morning.
Poor Rose! Pain will raise your blood sugar levels too. I hope both you and your mum are better soon. Hugs x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My husband had his dose of Bisoprolol increased to 7.5 just before Christmas and it seems to have helped his breathlessness and occasional fast heart beat. He has bradycardia as a result of his heart op 10 years ago but has a pace-maker which helps. Although I can never figure out why a heart that needs a pace maker because it beats too slow can suddenly beat too fast - a couple of times it's gone up to 180 beats per minute!
Seeing my cardiologist in a few weeks time. Still having chest pressure/aching but far worse when tramadol is wearing off. I'm left feeling ill. Tramadol is a god send but not sure if disguising pain a good idea thou but I have young children to look after. Maybe he will increase my Bisoprolol? I'm having bigger problems walking, no jumping for me as I have no umf! Breathlessness far worse in exertion.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hopefully damp weather is on its way out. So less affect on your osteoarthritis, please god.
I feel for all arthritic sufferers in the damp weather. I dont feel any difference which makes me query arthritis. Is bone density affected by arthritis? Or it is joint inflammation only?
I wish low carbing helped with arthritis but ive seen no evidence of it.
What does help? Anti-inflammatories only?
I tried veg but no change for me, but it wont if i dont have arthritis.
I really need to know WHAT im dealing with. Hoping after cardiologist is happy i can get to the bottom of mine.
Poor @eldergarth maybe being treated for the wrong diagnosis as his meds are not working. Hope his gp can help him today. I really feel for him and his wife @tina_marie .
I hope nhs dont just see diabetes and get it wrong?
Ive heard diabetes does change the dynamics of meds, for sure. Test results especially.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Hopefully damp weather is on its way out. So less affect on your osteoarthritis, please god.
I feel for all arthritic sufferers in the damp weather. I dont feel any difference which makes me query arthritis. Is bone density affected by arthritis? Or it is joint inflammation only?
I wish low carbing helped with arthritis but ive seen no evidence of it.
What does help? Anti-inflammatories only?
I tried veg but no change for me, but it wont if i dont have arthritis.
I really need to know WHAT im dealing with. Hoping after cardiologist is happy i can get to the bottom of mine.
Poor @eldergarth maybe being treated for the wrong diagnosis as his meds are not working. Hope his gp can help him today. I really feel for him and his wife @tina_marie .
I hope nhs dont just see diabetes and get it wrong?
Ive heard diabetes does change the dynamics of meds, for sure. Test results especially.
Doctor also did say about statins just because of diabetes and also bp medication. Think you know our views on that. If I hear statins and diabetes mentioned in the same sentence again I will scream and punch that person.

Reactions: Ultramum

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Doctor also did say about statins just because of diabetes and also bp medication. Think you know our views on that. If I hear statins and diabetes mentioned in the same sentence again I will scream and punch that person.
No punching needed. There is LOADS of evidence on here but a cardiologist should know what works for his patients and what doesn't. We are all different. It may work for many. Statistics regarding statins are only as good as their usage. They are still fairly new compared to some meds.
I did tell you about asprin used to be the compulsory diabetic tablet years ago. That was proven not necessary for everyone too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ultramum

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Just to let all Ron's friends on here know we've accepted the bungalow and should be moving by end of month. X

Reactions: Diamum5972