Diabetes Forum App

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Penguin I downloaded the app ages ago and I tried low carb but did it wrong I think and found it wasn't for me.But whenever I am worried about something I come on here through the app and ask questions and I always get a very helpful answer and advice and it does help.
Maybe I will try lowcarb one day in the future.
This is why I have the app.

D

Deleted member 308541

(The updated Android version will be available in February)
I stopped using the app as it was very slow to load the forum, so went back to using Chrome browser which speeded things up again.

The recipes app is also slow showing the recipes, they both need the bloat taken out.

I downloaded all of the recipes and put them on Google Drive, so we have "instant" access to them now.

Reactions: Ultramum

Penquin47210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks VERY much for those helpful replies - I can already see why people say "use the forum not the app"..... useful to know and it will save me time and frustration finding such things out through trial and loads of error - which would have brought me to the "time of trial".

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not quite what I thought it would be .... think I will stick with the non app

KalosRonando

Hello, thank for the app to discuss diabetes, my uncle was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. My family doesn't know anythings good for my uncle because my mentality's uncle is very very bad. Can I do anything to my uncle?

Mel_joy55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm attempting to use the app & introduce myself but I can't see where to post information about myself

mjames1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, I have downloaded the forum app and login successfully. I can post as I'm doing now via the app. If I go to the website and login that is also successful. But when I click from the website homepage to the forum it asks me to signin again and it won't let me signin. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hello, I have downloaded the forum app and login successfully. I can post as I'm doing now via the app. If I go to the website and login that is also successful. But when I click from the website homepage to the forum it asks me to signin again and it won't let me signin. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

I have not used the app but I think that the main DCUK website requires a different account to the forum. Despite being a forum member for a few years now, I cannot log in to the main site, which used to baffle me.

If I read your post correctly though, you can log in to the site but not the forum. Have you switched to a PC or is this still a mobile device?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi there mjames1 - Could you try logging in from the following link, please? A small number of members seem to have an issue logging in from the main Home page (it is under investigation), but the following link seems to work consistently: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/

If that works, please continue to use that for the time being, but if it doesn't, could you please drop an email to [email protected] and your issue will be escalated up for further investigation.

Many thanks.

Greg1957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Prunes
I see that some people are able to fill in a template that shows on every post showing things like hba1c results weight etc, how is this done, would it be on my profile page?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I see that some people are able to fill in a template that shows on every post showing things like hba1c results weight etc, how is this done, would it be on my profile page?

Yes. It is called a signature. If you go to your settings you will see how you can do this.

Wolfhound

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin