Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
7.4 @ 4.45am
8.8 @ 7.30am awake lots after 1st test with cramp. More salt needed maybe?
7.1 @ 12 noon after exercise class and walk, Breaking fast about 1.30pm that will be 18 hrs and feeling good.
Drink plenty of water too. Potassium can give muscle cramps too. If used to loads of bananas to none it can take a while for your body to adjust and take from vegtables instead.

Reactions: jonbvn

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Drink plenty of water too. Potassium can give muscle cramps too. If used to loads of bananas to none it can take a while for your body to adjust and take from vegtables instead.

No bananas for about a year. Eating loads of veg for almost a year. No salt on/in food these past few days. But I know I must drink more water.

KezG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tripe, most shellfish.. mussels, cockles etc...
7.3 today for me.. back to normal from now on.. had a long weekend with friends, live music and alcohol (in moderation of course). Food whilst away was not really good for low levels and testing blood kinda got erratic so I gave up until I got home again. :meh: