What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too @Goongergal. It's frustrating isn't it. X

Hi @Swiggy

Very frustrating, but keep persevering - the last week or so my fasting numbers have really come down. 5.6 this morning, my lowest ever. I started reducing protein and increasing fats. Hasn't affected weight loss but blood sugar numbers have improved.

Hpetal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold weather!
7.4 @6.15am. Had a sh**e day yesterday, had a boiled egg with my ham salad at lunch and spent the rest of the day laid up with steaming head and upset tum. didn't have an evening meal, had a handful of almonds to take my meds and afew pork crackling snacks later in evening. felt really rough. tested at 3am 6.6 and then 7.4 now! surprised I am yes. Feel much better today.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
After a 5.7 yesterday evening I was a high 8.0 @ 4.30am and even worse 9.2 @ 7.30am
Feels like I'm starting with the flu/cough type virus that is going around here which lasts for about 2 weeks. Bad timing as I have a 2 day long drive to go to a family wedding next weekend.

Reactions: Cumberland

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
18/3 - Morning.

5.6. - :)

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Swiggy

Very frustrating, but keep persevering - the last week or so my fasting numbers have really come down. 5.6 this morning, my lowest ever. I started reducing protein and increasing fats. Hasn't affected weight loss but blood sugar numbers have improved.
That's fantastic news @Goonergal I am delighted for you. Here's hoping mine do the same. X