Dr told me to stop taking . . . .

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My BP meds! :happy:

Finally, after what seems like forever living with high, and sometimes very dangerous blood pressure my BP lowered to a new (too) low reading a few days ago. Thankfully, I realised the signs and got my BP monitor out to check it - it had gone down to 96/62.

I phoned my surgery the following morning as hubby said "Don't take your BP meds". Triage nurse said that I needed to go in and see a Dr, so I did later in the day. She checked my BP, said it was good seeing as I hadn't taken any meds that day and then asked if I'd changed my diet at all. Well, "yes I have" I told her as I'm now "clean eating" - lots of fresh veg, fruit, lean meat, fish etc and have cut out takeaway, convenience, processed food, virtually eliminated bread, no cake, biscuits etc. I've also managed to lose weight (over half a stone) although officially I've not reached my half stone since starting Slimming World but I only need to lose another 1.5lbs to achieve this as I lost 3.5 in the first week, then 2lb in the second week. She thinks my dietary changes and the fact I would have drastically reduced my salt intake has contributed towards this!

So, I'm to be seen again in approx 2 weeks to be reviewed, along with a blood test which will be a fasting test to check blood sugar levels. So happy with this unexpected result. :D

Last edited:

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Tigerlily72 all sounds good well done too you keep it up