How many eggs do you eat per week?

D

Deleted member 308541

Even I would struggle with 4-6 dozen, @Tipetoo .....!
It was a joke reply, I should have put a smiley or whatever the selfie generation call them after the ?
0y4h3.gif

Reactions: ickihun and Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Don't worry, I did figure you were joking! 'S why I hit the :) button!

Oh boy I do love eggs, though!

:)

Last edited:

leedslad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have 3 every morning scrambled with a cuppa, despite there been very little carbs in eggs and only a splash of milk, I need 6 units to cover it.

smudges dad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I usually have between 12 and 20 each week. They are quick and easy to cook and set me up for the day. I try to vary it, scrambled, poached, part of a fry up, omelette, eggy bread, using up left overs in the oven etc. It helps that we have 11 egg producers outside our back door. Poached always the freshest possible (warm is best), old ones (up to a week old) for scrambled, omelette or eggy bread. Fried takes longer with fresh eggs because the white doesn't flow and they are much thicker.

Reactions: Snapsy and ickihun

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone here can tell me which is the healthiest way to eat eggs ,soft boiled,hard boiled, fried ,scrambled ,ect ?

Reactions: donnellysdogs

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
1-20 eggs a week. When less I don't lose weight.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
anyone here can tell me which is the healthiest way to eat eggs ,soft boiled,hard boiled, fried ,scrambled ,ect ?
Whatever your meter tells you! For diabetes.
Eggs don't affect cholesterol. Dietary fat doesn't either. Carbs cause brown unhealthy fat cells.

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love eggs but it varies as to the time of year and if I'm at work. I've probably eaten at least 9 in the last 5 days as hubby cooked us both a mushroom, spinach and onion omelette with a bit of bacon on the side for lunch. Scrambled tends to use a few too.

As I've not long started Slimming World and they're free foods I'm enjoying more of them, although I have to limit the fried ones as they count as syns! When it warms up ;)I'll be enjoying more of them with a salad.

I've virtually cut bread out but now I'm talking about eggs I'm now craving an egg mayo sandwich!

D

Deleted member 308541

We are running out of ideas of what to include in omelettes, we have gone through cheese and onion, sliced mushrooms, sliced black olives, sliced up prawns, diced cold meats, bacon, garlic chives, asparagus, left over mixed veggies.

It's a worry! :D

Reactions: Ultramum

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Anyone here can tell me which is the healthiest way to eat eggs ,soft boiled,hard boiled, fried ,scrambled ,ect ?

Add in turmeric as well and what wver type would be extra healthy, healthy!

We add turmeric and meditereanean herbs in to our omlettes.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Anywhere from 0 to about 10, depending whether or not I feel like cooking.

(btw: Did anybody ever find out what MissFortune's reasons were for asking the original question?)

D

Deleted member 308541

Did anybody ever find out what MissFortune's reasons were for asking the original question
I can't remember if the OP @MissFortune has replied back in this thread since posting the question.

We have gone through three dozen this fortnight, so no more omelettes till Thursday shopping day. We will get an extra dozen this time.

Reactions: Salvia

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anywhere between 8-12 usually.

This thread just reminded me I missed them off my shopping list yesterday. :(