Newly diagnosed, Type 1

SarahG93

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi!
I have just recent been diagnosed with Type one diabetes, about 5 weeks ago, I'm 16.
Thought I was coping well however I'm now finding it very overwhelming and hard to come to terms with.
Someone to talk to would be great, to know I'm not on my own!
Thanks

jamesland214

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 17 and have been type 1 diabetic for maybe like a year now, I know the feeling of being overwhelmed and stuff. I'm up to talk and stuff.

Reactions: SarahG93

SarahG93

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks! @jamesland214 It's a big change to take in. I'm a keen Hockey player but diagnosis has really set me back with sport

Last edited:

deborabaratto

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos and hypers
Hey! I'm 23 years old and I have type 1 DM for 16 years! I do all sort of things (ice skating, running, swimming) and I can help you if you need to readjust your basal needs when exercising or something :) are you in Insulin Pump?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hellooo, I'm 20 and was diagnosed with type 1 about 17 years ago, if you need to talk dw about it i'm here to listen! i've had my own battles, but i've still done sport! swimming, running, rock climbing, ballet! and i've done hockey just dm me if you need to

sjordanw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi!
I have just recent been diagnosed with Type one diabetes, about 5 weeks ago, I'm 16.
Thought I was coping well however I'm now finding it very overwhelming and hard to come to terms with.
Thanks

I completely get where you are - I was diagnosed on Jan 26th 2017, I'm 17. I can't wrap my head around it - I feel like my life has just come down around me. I'm finding it so hard to adjust to - I cry at least once a day over having a meltdown over something stupid! I don't know anyone with type 1 and open to talking to anyone x

Raks_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi!
Thanks

Hey! I have been a type 1 diabetic for 12 years and there are some days when you can't deal with it anymore, you just want a break. My advice to you is don't be too hard on yourself. Some days are easier than others but just know you are a strong person who can get through this. :)

EvePop96

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I've been diabetic for 18 years since I was 2. It's all I've ever know but it can still be really hard. I understand how you feel, Diabetes does take over your life at some points and it becomes really difficult to accept it. But we're survivors and you are certainly not alone