What does everyone use to carry their supplies around?

Amrit1712

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A question I've always wanted to ask, what does everyone carry their supplies around in? I normally take a small nike rucksack with me everywhere to carry my insulin, meter and hypo treatment. I've always wanted to use something smaller because taking a bag like that everywhere gets annoying but I don't really have much of a choice.

Reactions: col101

col101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Like you i use a small pack to carry everything, it works most of the time but is cumbersome on a night out to a restaurant say. Not much help I'm afraid lol

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used one of these when I had my Glucomen LX PLUS meter, test strips, etc. It was very good and fits in your front or back pocket:

https://joes-diabetes.com/pages/joes-small-in-one

Now I use the Dario smart meter which is about the size of a lighter and goes in my pocket. My basal and bolus pens, three needles and two spare lancets fit nicely into a zipped make-up brush pouch. It's not as feminine as it may seem though:)

Here's a photo of what I carry on my person every day, it's next to my PC mouse for a size guide. No need for a bag with that.

rsz_20170320_212615.jpg

Reactions: T1Dad and azure

Lenah_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a small carry case for my pricker and test strips that I tuck into my purse, have glucose tablets in that too, and I just carry my Libre reader in my pocket all the time. I do carry a giant-ass Lululemon bag as my purse to fit everything I carry day to day, though really I think it's a yoga bag.

katmcd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've recently seen myabetic bags for carrying supplies. I want all the sizes! And all the bright colours! Until I win the lottery, paperchase had some cute, very small pencil cases which fit my 2 insulin pens and spare needles.

Reactions: col101

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Either an old black laptop back pack with a shed load of pockets? Or wear something (which is all my clothing.) with lots of pockets....! Lol, combats are great...
Ironically. I now use a tablet these days.. But I'm still familiar with the Zips in the back pack in the event of a low in an unfamiliar hotel room..

For some reason? This comes to mind.....

Reactions: Dodo

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've got a Desang kitbag which I usually take, goes in my rucksack which I usually have. If I'm out without the rucksack I try to have pockets available and use the small cases my meter and pens came in.

Catherine4188

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have a myabetic purse which is specially designed for diabetic supplies and has a place for everything. I got mine from a website called funky pumpers for £25. It's brilliant. Keeps me organised and everything I need is at hand.
0f77c9316c4127e4823b3090928af7a5.jpg
d9848eddbc245a034468c799a387a3ca.jpg

Catherine4188

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've recently seen myabetic bags for carrying supplies. I want all the sizes! And all the bright colours! Until I win the lottery, paperchase had some cute, very small pencil cases which fit my 2 insulin pens and spare needles.

If you go to funky pumpers they have the myabetic things cheaper than anywhere else I found. I love mine and it takes away a lot of stress about organising things to go out.

JRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
when I go out I generally just take my nova rapid and some cluc tabs

D

Deleted Account

I reduced my kit by taking my meter out of its case. When I go out, I just put the meter, a few test strips and a finger pricker in my pocket with some dextrose tablets in case of a hypo. As I have a pump, my insulin is always attached.

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a 3 section pencil case. 1 section holds pens and needle remover and a pill box for a days supply of pills, middle section holds pen needles and lancets and the third section hols my meter, finger pricker test strips and glucotabs. Very reasonably priced from Amazon.