Type 1 UTI

empink

Hi everyone. I posted on the weekend about high BS levels and it turns out I do have a UTI which seems to be the reason everything has been pushed up. I've had UTI's before but have never been so ill in all my life. Tomorrow will be the 6th day of feeling ill. I've had everything from vomiting to dizziness to hardly being able to move out of bed. Was prescribed antisickness tablets as I couldn't keep water down. Today is my 3rd day on antibiotics and still not feeling any better. As this is my first bout of illness since T1 diagnosis I'm just wondering if I can always expect long recovery times or if this just seems to be a particularly bad infection. Sorry to keep disturbing, just worried about time off work, etc.

plutoniumcard

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
empink

If it is a bacterial infection causing the UTI, then could take 3-4 days before the antibiotic kicks in (if the right one for the organism has been prescribed). If it is viral, it will be down to your own defences fighting it off. If you don't see signs of improvement in the next 24 hours...go back and hassle your GP.
Easy to say, but try not to stress...try relaxation techniques. The less stress the quicker you will return to normal.
Take it easy, and I hope you feel better soon.

Cheers

Tony

Reactions: empink