Cramps in the legs

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday (and actually today) i've had a bad day at the office, was really tired and I got sleeping at 11 PM (early). Post prandial BG was 5.8 (103 on old money) I've took an apple pudding without added sugars and a couple of glass of red wine.
Then at the middle of the night I got an ache in my left leg, just under the knee, a strong cramp.
After a painful trip to the restroom and 400 mg of ibuprofen the pain vanished.

Should I be worried about this and check something? I hobe that was caused by tiredness...

shez

I used to suffer cramp 2 or 3 times a night that was until I started taking magnesium tablets 2 a day and within a couple of days the cramps stopped haven't had any since

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
I used to suffer from almost nightly cramp - but (touch wood) have not had cramp in many months.

I think what helped me was that I walk almost daily ... I used to always have a tube of Ibuprofen handy (which seemed to help)

I think a lot of people get cramps, its not necessarily down to being diabetic ...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Make sure you do have enough salt in diet and also magnesium tablets or magnesium citrate powder helps?

Hard to know if you should be worried.. depends on your exercise, health, lifestyle etc..

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Make sure you do have enough salt in diet and also magnesium tablets or magnesium citrate powder helps?

Hard to know if you should be worried.. depends on your exercise, health, lifestyle etc..
Maybe could be low salts? Normally I don't use table salt very much, maybe I could try some magneium-rich foods...
I walk a couple of mile every day...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I know that I do not eat processed foods often ie no bread, pasta, rice, processed foods so I have to add salt in to my water for veg.

Got its benefit though as the water in saucepan goes over the patio and keeps it clean and weedfree!!