Hayfever!

PlymouthDave

I am a Type 1 and have been suffering badly with Hayfever for the last few days. I have been taking a daily anti-histamine to help. The problem is that my sugar levels have been very erratic to say the least, and have been a lot higher than usual. I have increased my insulin to compensate but can anyone tell me if this is normal. Many thanks and lots of sniffles!!

PlymouthDave

Many thanks for your replies, it is greatly appreciated. I have been taking Hayfever medication containing Cetirizine so I will change it and give the loratadine a go. I think this is in Clarytin but will check. I will let you know if there is any improvement. I have also used Boots Hayfever eye drops and they were very effective when my eyes were at their worst. Happy days!!!

PlymouthDave

Just a quick update, since changing to Hayfever medication containing loratadine, my bg levels have returned to near normality and they have been more effective controling my symptons. I wonder if the stress of the game against Germany will affect my Bg levels?