New member...

Ian Stoddart

Hello everyone!

I've just discovered this forum. My name is Ian, I'm 48, have been type 1 for 30 years and live in Scotland. I'm glad to know that this forum exists because I think that too often we are isolated from others who know what it's like (you all know what I mean!!). Despite the love and support of family and friends, none of them can ever know what it feels like to have a sugar level of 2, or 22!!(mmols per litre). I hope to be able to raise some discussion within this site.

Here's a starter: I love going on holidays, but find that every time I go abroad, my sugar levels are through the roof for the duration of the holiday. Is this the same for all!!

Regards to you all,

Ian

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Ian,and welcome to the forum.I know you will get plenty of answers from the good folk on this forum.I'm a type 2 so can't really answer that question unfortunately!

Knowledge is the key to control

sugar

Hi Ian, and welcome.

I am type 1, and the whole going abroad and having high bg levels is easily explained for me...it is usually due to me not getting my insulin, food ratios correct, and "erring on teh side of caution, if you know what I mean? I would rather be a bit high, than a bit low. I guess your question means that you can not explain why your bg is high though?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Did you drink it or inject it ,Marty?:D

Knowledge is the key to control

Buachaille

Dislikes
Blondes with small...................................
Straight spirits have the same effect. For me Calvados, in the espresso (cafe calva). Red wine too, white has less of an effect.

In the end its better just to keep taking the tablets and watch the food intake.