Old Meters

~shell~

I have a few meters lying around my room that I dont use anymore and was wondering what to do with them. They are still in perfect working order and arn't that old (accu-chek aviva). Do overseas charities or anywhere accept them?
If anyone could give me any details it would be great as they arnt being used and it doesn't seem right just throwing them away.
Thanks,
Shell
xx

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
I'd like to know too .. I have two unused Aviva meters sent in error by Roche and they did not want to send sent any return lables to send them back.

badmedisin

Not sure if any charities will accept them. I know you're not supposed to recycle them, or the plastic tubs from some types of strips, as they're classed as a biohazard. Seems a bit extreme to me...

Maybe we can just give them to T2s who can't get one on a free scrip? I've got an unopened freestyle lite if anyone wants it!

Amanda Hugankiss

Dislikes
Chaos
Quite a few meters here, sent to try by manufacturers and never used since. If anyone is interested I will list the meters later.

iddt01

Hi All,
IDDT collects any unwanted and unused insulin and diabetes equipment and sends it out to developing countries. If you have any such items then we will be more than happy to accept them. We do this as the UK arm of Insulin for Life. However for obvious health and safety reasons all items must be unused and in-date . Any donations will be greatly appreciated!

iddt01

Hi again

Sorry but the meters do need to be unused as well but if you have any test strips then we can send them. Strips are far more difficult to come by. As you have found the manufacturers are quite happy to distribute meters, however they don't do this with test strips as they are far more expensive (they make their filthy lucre on the strips not the meters!!!)

Thanks again

Martin