Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've put on 2lbs in 3 days in a determined effort to gain using low carb high calorie smoothies..... 2 a day at around 800 cals each, plus my regular evening meal....

Pleased with the wight gain but it's trashed my fbg completely.

Going to have to rethink I guess.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Based on my own experience, weight loss is not a linear process. Recently my weight had seemed to plateau for a few weeks. However, this week I dropped 1.4 kg eventhough my exercise and diet were essentially the same.

Interesting that you you are eating more due to exercise. Personally, I find that with LCHF my hunger has reduced considerably, eventhough I walk over 100km a week.

well before the excessive exercise I only ate 1000 calories on a day.. so it is compared to that low level I now am much more hungry and cant ignore my hunger like before where it was also not as alarming..

Last edited:

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
I'm down to 9st 8lb This intermittant and 24 hr fasting fairly works :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
it is difficult to understand why you are not loosing any weight...:bag::wideyed:
Your body is readjusting. I dont think weight loss can be rushed. Your body will do it when its settled. Dont stress out as that doesnt help either.
Relax and enjoy your walking to remission.

Reactions: Prem51

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
76.4 Kg down from 77.0 kg this time last week and 87.5 Kg this time last year. Over the weekend I am doing intermittent fasting, so hoping to lose a bit more. I am now back to the weight I was in 1996.

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
well before the excessive exercise I only ate 1000 calories on a day.. so it is compared to that low level I now am much more hungry and cant ignore my hunger like before where it was also not as alarming..
It sounds like you have created a larger calorie deficit due to exercise, even though you eat more now. It may be worth trying to track your calories consumed and those burnt with exercise.

TBH when I exercise a lot I love the fact that that I can eat quite a lot with impunity, except heavy carbs of course.

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I am 75.9 KG. Keep varying between 75 and 77 . Hardly loosing any weight.

Reactions: callyandy

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was over 110 kg plus a few years ago, seem to have settled down now at 80 to 82 kg, with the ever so occasional dip below 80. An illness took me down to 75, but gradually returned to 80.
Would like to drop a wee bit more, find difficult juggling all those magic numbers on foodstuffs and time and preparation and emergency food and comfort snacks and...
My sugars which when diagnosed were floating 24, 25 etc, wobble now twixt 4 and 15, happy when in single figures and prefer nearer 6.
This morning was 9.5
Hello, what a journey you've had. You're obviously managing very well. I'm still learning, but look forward to learning more juggling skills...:rolleyes:

Reactions: rainbow79

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
0.4 kg off this week. Weighing in a day early as off for a long weekend and then an overnight trip for work. Hopefully will be able to stay on track while away.
Have fun!! Life is for living, Well done on the weight loss.

Reactions: Goonergal

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning 141.2 this week. I've put on 1 lb this week. That isn't too bad as I haven't been able to swim this week as a result of back pain. It could have been worse :)
Agreed, not too bad at all. Hope you back improves. Tricky things backs:(

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OMG I've lost again. Now 126.50kg, I checked twice. So...I was 129.90kg 2 weeks ago. With no lost last week.
I've lost 3.40kgs = 7.5lb.
I knew I had water retention but wow! It's starting to show on my face now. I'm delighted. :) :) :)
That's marvellous. I'm so pleased for you, such a struggle, it's only fair you should see some results. Big happy hugs.:happy::happy:

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe slightly small
77kg almost same as last week maybe even 0.5 up hmm I eat maybe too much , Yesterday my weight was 76.5 in the morning . I is really hard for me to keep calories down when excercising as much as I do, maybe both loosing weight and gaining muscles is too much at one time .. but I'll keep on with both anyway happy weekend to all of you
Maybe slightly smaller portions? I know I used to have too much on my plate, I've got used to less each meal. I know you work really hard at the exercising are you changing shape with all your body conditioning?:)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
91.2 kg this morning. A surprising 1.4 kg down on the week and 42.8 kg down since 4 Sept 2016.

I have managed to get off a plateau and finally have crossed the 30 BMI boundary. So quite chuffed today.
:joyful::joyful::joyful:Brilliant news. A boundary leapt over. Congratulations to you.

Reactions: jonbvn