Weight loss stalled

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
I've lost 28lbs since diagnosis last august and kept my hba1c OK - 39 - since then. (63 at diagnosis). But my weight has stayed the same for the last 3 weeks or so - I count carbs but the tracker also counts cals and I've noticed the cals creeping up, not by much but a bit. Usually I put on weight likely crazy this time of year so I guess this is a triumph.
I'm struggling at present because my 21 year old daughter has bad bulimia (used to be anorexia) and depression. She comes home weekends and I keep letting her extreme downers affect me. Also she just told me she has a lump in her breast. The final straw this morning was when I discovered one of my students committed suicide at the weekend.
Would really appreciate some virtual hugs, folks!!

plutoniumcard

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hugs a plenty. Roads can be bumpy, but try not to get too stuck in worrying short term. You will get through this and reach the smoother road again.

Be patient...we all care!

Tony

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
I've lost 28lbs since diagnosis last august and kept my hba1c OK - 39 - since then. (63 at diagnosis). But my weight has stayed the same for the last 3 weeks or so - I count carbs but the tracker also counts cals and I've noticed the cals creeping up, not by much but a bit. Usually I put on weight likely crazy this time of year so I guess this is a triumph.
I'm struggling at present because my 21 year old daughter has bad bulimia (used to be anorexia) and depression. She comes home weekends and I keep letting her extreme downers affect me. Also she just told me she has a lump in her breast. The final straw this morning was when I discovered one of my students committed suicide at the weekend.

Hi Angel ..
hug.png
hug.png
hug.png
hug.png
hug.png

Remember that you are loved and supported by those who matter ..

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
Hi Angel ..
hug.png
hug.png
hug.png
hug.png
hug.png

Remember that you are loved and supported by those who matter ..
Thankyou. I really think our family must have some sort of angel (with perfect hba1c!!) Looking out for her. But my heart goes out to my student's mum

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh @Angelofthemarches that is such a difficult situation to be in. Time carries on moving forward and today and tomorrow will recede into the distant past. Look at your successes so far and don't lose sight of how well you've done, you will get through this and come out the other side. X

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
another ((hug)) ((hug)) from me too

@Angelofthemarches I feel so sad for you just now; knowing that you can't let your pain show & must keep strong for others; we'll all be here when you need to rant and rail, or whatever.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hug hug. So sorry.
Don't look at the stall right now. Stress in itself is a staller.

Pat yourself on the back and give YOURSELF a big hug for all you've accomplished!!! You are obviously very strong and this is just a blip in the road. You'll get through it I'm sure!! Think positive thoughts whenever you can and take some time for yourself to do some deep breathing!!!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
{{{{{{ Great big hugs }}}}}}

Like others have said congratulations on coming this far. It's not an easy thing to do and you have done exceptionally well. :)

Being a Mum is something we don't get any training for and it must be so difficult having a child that abuses her body with bulimia but you must resist being sucked in to her depression because you won't be able to give her the support she needs of you are also depressed. I know ... easier said than done.

As for your student.... I can't begin to imagine how you feel. Just sending you another big hug.

Go easy on yourself. Any extra weight will still be there when you feel strong enough to deal with it.

dipsydo

You have done really well up to now -- do not be too concerned about stalling does happen with some people (I stalled for 6 weeks and then suddenly lost 7lbs in one week) so as long as your blood are OK try not to worry. Hope your life gets a bit better soon
All the best

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I've lost 28lbs since diagnosis last august and kept my hba1c OK - 39 - since then. (63 at diagnosis). But my weight has stayed the same for the last 3 weeks or so - I count carbs but the tracker also counts cals and I've noticed the cals creeping up, not by much but a bit.
Well done, weight loss stalling is a bummer, I can write a book, unfortunately not about the causes. I have read that the metabolism is the faulty item in the equation. The Harris Benedict formula will predict your Basic Metabolic Rate (Calories needed in a coma) and then you multiply by a number depending on your activity level. It's a great guideline, but I don't think it's any where near 100% accurate. The theory says and apologies if I'm teaching my grandmother to suck eggs, but you have to eat 3,500 calories above what your body needs to gain one pound of fat. I think most people gain that one pound on less than that amount of calories, depends on the person.

I'm struggling at present because my 21 year old daughter has bad bulimia (used to be anorexia) and depression. She comes home weekends and I keep letting her extreme downers affect me. Also she just told me she has a lump in her breast.

Sorry to hear that, a very good friend has a daughter with the same conditions, she's actually in Glasgow being treated although we live in Bucks. You may have heard Steve on the radio being interviewed about the predicament of families with young ones with these conditions.

The final straw this morning was when I discovered one of my students committed suicide at the weekend.

What can I say? So very sad!

I hope things start to pick up soon, take care of yourself.

Tom Cosens

My name is Tom, 82 years old and diagnosed with D2 3years ago. I am writing this as so much is said about obesity and diabetes. This I can understand but, in my case, I was only 13st 7 ibs and now 11st 7 ibs. I am sure that it was stress that brought it on. I am taking Metformin and Glilazide. My motions have been very loose for a long time - a side effect of Metformin. I tried the low carb high fat diet for a week to make my body less reliant on the tablets but the result was even more 'explosive' My stomach was short of fibre and the red meat took it's toll. My message? it is so important not to stress yourself out. If you cannot do anything about something then all the worrying will not solve it. I take regular blood sugar readings and keep well away from all sweet things.