Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 at 11:00

yesterday burned 2300 calories at fitness, ate 2350 calories of which197 grams of carbs and 80 grams of protein..
didn´t eat any breakfast today but now 2.5 hours later my blood glucose is 6.5, having a guest today so lots of greek salat and beef and a dirty chocolate mousse ... a diabetic one but guess stil at lot of carbs in it anyway..

Reactions: Tim55 and Ultramum

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All

5.3 for me today.

Thanks for all the good wishes yesterday. Surgeon wasn't at all concerned about my diabetic control, had a few issues with my liver, but it's the cancer in the oesophagus that's the big deal.....

He ended with something about a "positive outcome" but I'm not looking forward to the next few months.
Golly, happy about the positive vibes but shocked to hear the rest! Sounds like you have a fight on you hands for the foreseeable future. Please let your friends here support you. We'll do our best to lift your spirits. So many hugs to you.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning All

5.3 for me today.

Thanks for all the good wishes yesterday. Surgeon wasn't at all concerned about my diabetic control, had a few issues with my liver, but it's the cancer in the oesophagus that's the big deal.....

He ended with something about a "positive outcome" but I'm not looking forward to the next few months.

Good morning to you too Tim, hang in there. We are here for you. Hope all goes well and cheer up. Do not give up. Hugs to you.

D

debrasue

Morning All

5.3 for me today.

I'm glad that your surgeon was pleased with your diabetic control, but very sorry to hear about your diagnosis, @Tim55 - it must be really frightening for you and I'm sure the next few months will seem very daunting. Try and keep the surgeon's words in mind, though - "positive outcome"; if you can stay positive, that will certainly help (and yes, I know that's very easy for me to say). Thinking about you and sending positive vibes and big hugs.

Last edited by a moderator:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning All

5.3 for me today.

He must know you are consistant with your bg control.
He might not be concerned but believe me uncontrolled diabetes on top of a treatment would be hell.
Well done for doing your side.
Surgeon has to now do his part.
Swing with it! Do you have a choice? Better to go with it so less stress.
I know you can do this! Keep us updated. :)

David_A_Hughes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
10.8 this morning, and I continue to get these far too high readings. That is except for last Thursday afternoon when I felt decidedly queezy for no apparent reason. This didn't improve, so I reached for my BG meter to find a reading of 3.8 and dropping (another 2 points over half an hour, despite me reaching for the chocolate). Is this hypo country? I've never been there before. If it is, it's decidedly scary - I don't want to go there again. My reaction was, of course, over reaction - after the usual 1 hour then 2 hour checks, I was back up to +9. However, I do now realise the potential of an almost zero carb intake, coupled with my new medication.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.8 this morning, and I continue to get these far too high readings. That is except for last Thursday afternoon when I felt decidedly queezy for no apparent reason. This didn't improve, so I reached for my BG meter to find a reading of 3.8 and dropping (another 2 points over half an hour, despite me reaching for the chocolate). Is this hypo country? I've never been there before. If it is, it's decidedly scary - I don't want to go there again. My reaction was, of course, over reaction - after the usual 1 hour then 2 hour checks, I was back up to +9. However, I do now realise the potential of an almost zero carb intake, coupled with my new medication.
Take care deary, that does sound scary. Well done for acting so quickly.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All

5.3 for me today.

want to wish you good luck with it all and with keeping up your spirit, please share if you feel a need for it in the forum ...

Johnjoe13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 this morning which is all good :) however 2.5 hours later was up to 9.1 :( Screams! This is a little worrying as not gone that high before and only had 2 americano coffees with cream upto that point. I always test before breakfast at work so had fried egg and bacon, two hours later up at 10 :( not sure whats going on inside but peed off about this