The SCREAM thread

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If i have ever to doubt again that i can't stand sunlight i just need remember this day:

Worked for two hours outside in the "sunlight" and i got a light sunstroke or heatstroke. Can you guess the nickname people used to give me? Can't stand the sun, always pale and mostly wear black :shifty:

S

Sable_Jan

If i have ever to doubt again that i can't stand sunlight i just need remember this day:

Worked for two hours outside in the "sunlight" and i got a light sunstroke or heatstroke. Can you guess the nickname people used to give me? Can't stand the sun, always pale and mostly wear black :shifty:
Well Dracula comes to mind
But seriously there are medical conditions, photo sensitivity...don't know what they are called but it might be worth talking to your doctor.....I worked with a lass who came out in a rash because of the sun, an Asian girl, so it wasn't because of fair skin....
Big hugs

Reactions: qe5rt

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

We have a winner! :D

But seriously there are medical conditions, photo sensitivity...don't know what they are called but it might be worth talking to your doctor.....I worked with a lass who came out in a rash because of the sun, an Asian girl, so it wasn't because of fair skin....
Big hugs

It's usually a period of getting used to warmer weather, luckily it's not the whole summer. Though usually the start of warm weather means headaches for a week or two and then the heat/sun stroke. Now it seems the other way around. By the time summer arrives i'll be capable of walking in the sunlight (thankfully). Took a cold shower just now, did wonders body seems to be cooling down and the fog in my head is clearing up. A good nights rest and i hope tomorrow will improve.

Reactions: Sable_Jan
S

Sable_Jan

We have a winner! :D

It's usually a period of getting used to warmer weather, luckily it's not the whole summer. Though usually the start of warm weather means headaches for a week or two and then the heat/sun stroke. Now it seems the other way around. By the time summer arrives i'll be capable of walking in the sunlight (thankfully). Took a cold shower just now, did wonders body seems to be cooling down and the fog in my head is clearing up. A good nights rest and i hope tomorrow will improve.
Hope you're feeling better today.

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
Why is it that boots pharmacy can never get my repeats ready on time, four weeks notice never seems to be long enough, this month it took just the three visits and an extra week, nearest branch is a five mile round trip, me thinks this can't be good for global warming maybe they should think about carbon offsets, gets me outta the house l suppose

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Why is it that boots pharmacy can never get my repeats ready on time, four weeks notice never seems to be long enough, this month it took just the three visits and an extra week, nearest branch is a five mile round trip, me thinks this can't be good for global warming maybe they should think about carbon offsets, gets me outta the house l suppose
I have a different pharmacy now as I've relocated but mostly miss my local boots, staff were great. On odd occasion meds were messed up or out of stock.
Now I have mine delivered via localish pharmacy. However this gp insists I call my prescription repeats in everytime and they aren't in sync. Mind u I'm struggling to keep it all right so they have no chance. (Med changes, again.)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I want to SCREAM. I'm having awful backache. Lying in bed in hospital has left me in more backpain. I cannot win. At least I was given an anticoagulant injection. I would have forgotten to ask. When ill I forget loads of neccessities! Argh!!

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
Most o the staff are friendly enough just don't seem capable of doing the job

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Had that happen 2 many times in a row so transferred my prescriptions to another pharmacy very nearby. Now the dudes who made me wait and sometimes didn't even have the medication at all get to watch my car parked in front of their pharmacy while I walk to the other one. :)
This seems to be happening a lot with boots .

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Well it doesn't look like Ron will ever get a straight forward answer to his complaint at kingsmill hospital.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I wasn't sure if this thread was still "live". Here goes :-

Why oh why do some people feel the need to post patronising remarks containing subtle "corrections" after some poor newbie tries to help another poster? No, it hasn't happened to me but I feel enraged on behalf of new folks who are perhaps making their first post. We need a PATRONISING button in my opinion. And yes, there are serial offenders - just saying! :(

D

debrasue

I wasn't sure if this thread was still "live". Here goes :-

Why oh why do some people feel the need to post patronising remarks containing subtle "corrections" after some poor newbie tries to help another poster? No, it hasn't happened to me but I feel enraged on behalf of new folks who are perhaps making their first post. We need a PATRONISING button in my opinion. And yes, there are serial offenders - just saying! :(
I've seen this from time to time, too, and it makes me cringe as well. After all, we were all newbies once and must have been fortunate enough to have kind people steer us in the right direction without patronising us, otherwise I doubt we would still be here!
A supportive and helpful PM is a lot more valuable than patronising public ridicule.
(I'm loving the idea of a "Patronising" button, and I've often wished we had access to a "Dislike" one as well! :))

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Have you thought of telling your local radio station/newspaper about poor Ron's nightmare journey? :snaphappy:
I like the idea have told Ron but he doesn't think the local paper The Chad will print it nor radio station would be interested . The hospital keep fobbing him off.

D

debrasue

I like the idea have told Ron but he doesn't think the local paper The Chad will print it nor radio station would be interested . The hospital keep fobbing him off.
Well, with a surprise GE coming up, depending on their political leanings your local media might be delighted to have an opportunity to trash the current administration! And I guess you'll never know unless you sound them out - what's the worst that could happen? xx

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Big hugs
Porphyria is a condition that causes people to shun sunlight, another is xeroderma pigmentosum (a.k.a. 'XP'). Both a rare, XP being the worst, as the suffer can tolerate no form of incandescent light or solar rays.

D

debrasue

Porphyria is a condition that causes people to shun sunlight, another is xeroderma pigmentosum (a.k.a. 'XP'). Both a rare, XP being the worst, as the suffer can tolerate no form of incandescent light or solar rays.
I'm hoping that neither applies to you, considering where your home town is located! :)