Just started on the Newcastle Diet - anyone else?

Buxtonstill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi there! I have just started the Newcastle diet after getting approval from my GP and Optifast on Prescription. Anybody else?
Thought it may be good to share the ride with anyone else in a similar position. I am on day 10 and really getting in to the swing of things. I have lost 7.2 kg and BG is falling steadily day by day.

Anyone who is currently doing this or another VLCD please join the thread!

I have already read lots of forum articles and I am well aware that many people have differing opinions on this diet, but I would like to start this as a support thread, rather than a bunfight.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Hi there! I have just started the Newcastle diet after getting approval from my GP and Optifast on Prescription. Anybody else?
Thought it may be good to share the ride with anyone else in a similar position. I am on day 10 and really getting in to the swing of things. I have lost 7.2 kg and BG is falling steadily day by day.

Anyone who is currently doing this or another VLCD please join the thread!

I have already read lots of forum articles and I am well aware that many people have differing opinions on this diet, but I would like to start this as a support thread, rather than a bunfight.
Hi @Buxtonstill congratulations on your amazing 7.2 kg weight loss and your improving blood sugars. It might serve others well if you could make available low level important details over time, such as original weight, blood sugar, cholesterol, blood pressure basically as much before and after as possible.

Buxtonstill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you! my starting weight was 20s 13 and is now 19s.10.5.
My FBG was 21, and it has steadily fallen every day and this morning it was 9.9!
I was on BP tabs anyway, my GP is monitoring it, and if it falls too low, will review medication.
I have three shakes a day, and then I have a plate of roasted veg in the evenings (courgette, cauliflower, leeks,onions, tomatoes etc) I liberally sprinkle the veg with herbs and spices!