metformin

gaspajack

I have just come off metformin after 8 long and painfull months of taking two 500mg of the stuff three times a day i am now on something called gliclozide 3 80mgs a day after 2 days off metformin i had warm hands/feet and the tip of my nose again hurray however, i now have the most severe munchies now and i am still in a lot of muscular skelatall pain off the metformin (allegadly). I was wondering if anyone else has had the same symptoms from metformin and/or the increased appetite from stop taking metformin?

dragongirl

Looks like folk are watching tv or something right now - thought I'd say hi, but I can't answer your query as I am diet only. But welcome to the forum. Someone will doubtless be along soon!
DG

rolyatluap

hi i am starting metaformin next week ,is this what I have to look forward too...is there any other side effects you had with metaformin

cheers

Ripelda

I am newly diagnosed and was on metformin for one whole dose. It made me so cold, and sleepy, and desperate to pee. I am seeing the doctor tomorrow, to see what the alternative is. Wish me luck!

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had increased appetite when stopping metformin, but I started insulin at the same time so the insulin might have caused it.