ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Having woken up at silly o'clock (4.30am) - my BG has been slowly creeping ever higher all day - even though I have only eaten foods that I know have been ok before - not impressed!
Too much protein hun and you @Swiggy , If creeping up as day draws in. Carbs dump but proteins and fat can come on slowly. Fat slows down digestion so does affect some people, especially type1s.

Reactions: Ultramum

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm feeling my fully capable lung capacity chick again! Thanks to the right measure of Bisoprolol! Hurray! :) :) :)
Hi @ickihun glad the larger dose of Bisoprolol seems to be working - hubby is now on 7.5mg and his asthma doesn't seem to be any worse so that's one worry out of the way! Hope the cardiologist can get to the bottom of it for you as you had a worrying time over the last few months or so xx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
debrasue post: 1425116 said:
I think it's human nature when we're at a low ebb and in a scary situation like hospital to reach out to others around us and form instant bonds. And then when people go home we feel bereft for a while. Having had a couple of longish-term stays in hospital, I know I've cried on many occasions when other patients were discharged, and I even cried when I was discharged and had to leave the nurses!!! :rolleyes:
Have they decided why you're having the palpitations?
No mention of what's causing palpatations. They were evident throughout my sleep on their monitor they printed off for consultant. My lowest pulse rate in sleep was 66 which isnt as bad as others. But i was on a beta blocker already so without it would have been higher, in sleep. No nightmares either. Also palpatations were raising my pulse rate into just under 100 in rest. Much more when moving around. Very irratic pulse rate and blood pressure. Pressure high in sleep but no sleep apnea.
Been asked to have abdominal scan at 8.30am in the morning. Classed as urgent out-patient. GP has been reminded to rely its findings ad new pulse rate/blood pressure back to cardiac unit asap. Doctors surgery and appointments called me.

D

debrasue

No mention of what's causing palpatations. They were evident throughout my sleep on their monitor they printed off for consultant. My lowest pulse rate in sleep was 66 which isnt as bad as others. But i was on a beta blocker already so without it would have been higher, in sleep. No nightmares either. Also palpatations were raising my pulse rate into just under 100 in rest. Much more when moving around. Very irratic pulse rate and blood pressure. Pressure high in sleep but no sleep apnea.
Been asked to have abdominal scan at 8.30am in the morning. Classed as urgent out-patient. GP has been reminded to rely its findings ad new pulse rate/blood pressure back to cardiac unit asap. Doctors surgery and appointments called me.
Well at least they're checking you out properly this time. Hugs xx

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my friends, from Tate South Lambeth Public Library,

I'm 1 Day Quit from roll ups! I've had a mug of coffee this morning. Blood glucose was 6.9 Millimoles Per Litre.

Have a lovely day, my friends.

Love From

Johnny x X x.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've never heard that to be the case. Have you Googled it?
Not sure if I have a form of atrail fibrillation. Had chest pain whilst eating breakfast in ward so ultrascan was ordered for abdomen. It was all clear but will look forward to seeing it in black and white.
Received an endocrologist appointment out of the blue for wednesday too. I want my adrenalin system checked and thyroid double checked. We'll see.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tony's heart rate used to go up at night and sometimes he didn't notice them. It wasn't until the cardiologist looked at his pacemaker print outs that he realised his heart had been beating too fast for quite long periods of time hence why he 'upped' the beta blockers. Now his heart is missing beats so may need yet another trip if it continues!!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Tony's heart rate used to go up at night and sometimes he didn't notice them. It wasn't until the cardiologist looked at his pacemaker print outs that he realised his heart had been beating too fast for quite long periods of time hence why he 'upped' the beta blockers. Now his heart is missing beats so may need yet another trip if it continues!!
Bless him. And you. Scary heart issues are always a concern. Luckily our clever cardiologist are a huge help!

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Too much protein hun and you @Swiggy , If creeping up as day draws in. Carbs dump but proteins and fat can come on slowly. Fat slows down digestion so does affect some people, especially type1s.
I have just discovered MyFitnessPal: this is how yesterday panned out
62d48ba1778e976bf29a65abe4be499d.jpg

My after meal levels were up by 2 on average whereas they have only been up by about 0.3 over the last four weeks. I've eaten all the same foods as yesterday before with no huge rise at all.

Just over 1600 calories

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have just discovered MyFitnessPal: this is how yesterday panned out
62d48ba1778e976bf29a65abe4be499d.jpg

My after meal levels were up by 2 on average whereas they have only been up by about 0.3 over the last four weeks. I've eaten all the same foods as yesterday before with no huge rise at all.

Just over 1600 calories
Only other thing is a liver dump as your body thinks your starving. Dont change anything for now. Let things settle down into your hopefully fat burning diet. It can take a few weeks for lchf diet to show good fasting results because of the nature of the diet.
Only change if you start adding weight!
Give yourself 2 more weeks to see your efforts to be rewarded. ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Woke with palpatations again. Went to bed with heavy chest. I hope that calcium scan machine is accurate! They are pinning everything on that 19 score result. Machines can go wrong!

Vern

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars
Woke with palpatations again. Went to bed with heavy chest. I hope that calcium scan machine is accurate! They are pinning everything on that 19 score result. Machines can go wrong!
Hi there! I am not a Doctor but have worked in the Cardiology Field for 10 years and suffered with Palpitations since my early 30's. I am now 58. In my experience I have both Palpitations and Skipped Heart Beats (PVC's). I take Beta Blockers and found that when my Oesophageal Spincter is irritated the palpitations are 100% worse. This cannot be detected using any tests and I adjusted my diet to small LCHF meals, never filling my tummy with food. Its worse at night and when you lie down. Is this your experience? Hormones play a large part with palpitations and I found that by using Alpha Linoic Acid I was able to eliminate them 80% of the time. Do let me know how it goes? Big Hugs and best wishes.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi there! I am not a Doctor but have worked in the Cardiology Field for 10 years and suffered with Palpitations since my early 30's. I am now 58. In my experience I have both Palpitations and Skipped Heart Beats (PVC's). I take Beta Blockers and found that when my Oesophageal Spincter is irritated the palpitations are 100% worse. This cannot be detected using any tests and I adjusted my diet to small LCHF meals, never filling my tummy with food. Its worse at night and when you lie down. Is this your experience? Hormones play a large part with palpitations and I found that by using Alpha Linoic Acid I was able to eliminate them 80% of the time. Do let me know how it goes? Big Hugs and best wishes.
Thank you @Vern .
I think your spot on. I read last night that my thyroid function can cause gut disturbance too. Which can cause palpatations.
I've started on lansoprazol and abdominal scan looked clear. I've been booked to see endocrologist so he might mention thyroid and adrenalin?
I think your right. Not heavy cvd symptoms but something. So does the ala help with a nerve causing disturbance?

Reactions: Liam1955

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my good friends from me Johnny on PC No 1 a public computer at Tate South Lambeth Public Library,

I'm on Day 2 of my Smoking Quit now!

Although I've been recording some impeccable blood glucose readings I have noticed pronounced "spikes" in my blood glucose levels in the last few days. Last night I went to bed at approximately 8:00 Post Meridian BST and woke up at 1:15 ante meridian BST this morning and about 15 minutes later I had 2 tomato sandwiches both within 20 minutes of each other. My blood glucose, a considerably long time after, was 16.4 Millimoles Per Litre then many hours later it fell to 4.4 millimoles per litre. At about 6 or 7 ish this morning it was frozen on 9.0 Millimoles Per Litre then 7.7 then 7.9. This fluctuations aren't healthy and have had me immensely worried. I'm going to have to try the LCHF diet again, and stick to it this time, showing better motivation and see if that makes a difference. I haven't had sugar in coffee this morning only Sainsbury's Sucralose Sweetener tablets, 2 in each mug.

I think I'm doing OK but there's a significant room for improvement and I@m approaching Day 3 of my Smoking Quit, too!

Have a lovely day.

Love and Hugs,

From Johnny x X x.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@ickihun and @Vern - I have been taking 1 a day of the Alpha Linoic Acid Capsules since January of this year when my ALT was 102 and Gamma GT was 99. Imagine how pleased I was when only this month my ALT is 66 and my Gamma GT is 67. (I have also been following a Low Fat Diet because of NAFLD) My next appointment with the Hepatologist is in July and he hopes both my ALT and Gamma GT are below 50. I am thinking it must be the Diet and Alpha Linoic Acid combined that is working?

Vern

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars
Thank you @Vern .
I think your spot on. I read last night that my thyroid function can cause gut disturbance too. Which can cause palpatations.
I've started on lansoprazol and abdominal scan looked clear. I've been booked to see endocrologist so he might mention thyroid and adrenalin?
I think your right. Not heavy cvd symptoms but something. So does the ala help with a nerve causing disturbance?
Hello there!

I find the ALA very helpful for Nerve disturbances and it has calmed my Neuropathy down so much its liveable. Sleeping used to be impossible but I get a good 6 hours a night now. Adrenalin is a major cause of palpitations but your Beta Blocker should be addressing that issue? Lanzoprazol is excellent for sorting out Gut issues so heres hoping your palpitations will soon calm down.

Reactions: Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun and @Vern - I have been taking 1 a day of the Alpha Linoic Acid Capsules since January of this year when my ALT was 102 and Gamma GT was 99. Imagine how pleased I was when only this month my ALT is 66 and my Gamma GT is 67. (I have also been following a Low Fat Diet because of NAFLD) My next appointment with the Hepatologist is in July and he hopes both my ALT and Gamma GT are below 50. I am thinking it must be the Diet and Alpha Linoic Acid combined that is working?
I'll restart my r-ala again! Fatty liver still there William but not as bad too. I need a further 3 months to do more with it. I don't think I was taking r-ala last time when I reduced the problem. Lchf diet only, worked then. Mind u I wasn't doing it properly so ate very little fat.
I cannot always cover lchf diet food when on low budget. I'll buy r-ala again as it reduces my insulin need. Yours too?