Weekly weigh in - Fridays

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ah well 79.5 but the March celebrations are behind me so now I have no excuses until December. Celebrated my birthday last night at a local sizzling pub (part of M&B) and it was really good. Since I was ill for 3 weeks after my last meal out I was a bit nervy about going anywhere new even though I am sure it was only the problem with the "water" that caused it.

So happy to report I have a new addition to my list of eateries and now have 2 national chains on my list. I checked the nutritional info on line beforehand. I guess the data sheet would be behind the bar somewhere. The steak is served on a bed of onions and was 75 carbs which must have included the chips. I did sneak one medium sized chip and can honestly declare I like my diet doctor celeriac chips better. When hubby had dessert I had glazed chicken wings (5 carbs) and someone sneaked a couple of those grrrr. The gammontastic apparently would have been lower in carbs but I invented a justification for steak and it was my birthday. Everything served perfectly including my soda water. Our waiter said they do serve burgers without the bun. I cannot remember what it was called. It was not on the menu but I think it is useful to know. We can do an online review so we will include something about that.

Covknit - Many places refer to a burger with no bun as a naked burger.

Reactions: covknit

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
ah well 79.5 but the March celebrations are behind me so now I have no excuses until December. Celebrated my birthday last night at a local sizzling pub (part of M&B) and it was really good. Since I was ill for 3 weeks after my last meal out I was a bit nervy about going anywhere new even though I am sure it was only the problem with the "water" that caused it.

So happy to report I have a new addition to my list of eateries and now have 2 national chains on my list. I checked the nutritional info on line beforehand. I guess the data sheet would be behind the bar somewhere. The steak is served on a bed of onions and was 75 carbs which must have included the chips. I did sneak one medium sized chip and can honestly declare I like my diet doctor celeriac chips better. When hubby had dessert I had glazed chicken wings (5 carbs) and someone sneaked a couple of those grrrr. The gammontastic apparently would have been lower in carbs but I invented a justification for steak and it was my birthday. Everything served perfectly including my soda water. Our waiter said they do serve burgers without the bun. I cannot remember what it was called. It was not on the menu but I think it is useful to know. We can do an online review so we will include something about that.
Happy belated birthday! I must say I smiled when I saw your user name - I live in Coventry and I'm a knitter :)

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Happy belated birthday! I must say I smiled when I saw your user name - I live in Coventry and I'm a knitter :)
Well Hi there neighbour. Hope you enjoyed our wonderful Cov sun today. We had a grand day on the lottie but now I ache all over. What's on your pins. I am doing an Urban aran..again. Lol

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Decided to go to monthly weigh ins as at target weight and just looking to maintain now, weighed today 8st 12lbs so have maintained for another month which I am very pleased about :) well done to all who have lost, maintained or gained, all are all in this together xxx

Reactions: jonbvn and Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
147.2 carrying a lot of edema which I hope clears up soon. with a high weight for me like this, it stands in contrast to posting a link to the story og Leila and Majnun, the Iranian tale
Me too. It's messed my weight loss up this week. Spent too much time in bed ill. :(

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Slightly down from 141.2 lbs last Friday to 140.0 lbs today.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Well Hi there neighbour. Hope you enjoyed our wonderful Cov sun today. We had a grand day on the lottie but now I ache all over. What's on your pins. I am doing an Urban aran..again. Lol
The sun was great wasn't it! I got my garden all ready for Spring before my hay fever season starts :)
I'm just finishing up a jumper before I start on the baby knitting, my cousin's daughter is expecting again so I'll be making a cabled baby cocoon for her. Good job the baby isn't due till September - the pattern is a bit complex, I think it will take me a while!

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
77.2 Kg, up 0.8 on last week :arghh:
I am doing Intermittent Fasting over the weekend, so hopefully it will start going in the right direction.

Reactions: Prem51

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
The sun was great wasn't it! I got my garden all ready for Spring before my hay fever season starts :)
I'm just finishing up a jumper before I start on the baby knitting, my cousin's daughter is expecting again so I'll be making a cabled baby cocoon for her. Good job the baby isn't due till September - the pattern is a bit complex, I think it will take me a while!
I love baby wool. So soft and snuggly but as you say it does take such a long time and now I have a touch of arthritis I find thicker yarns easier to manage. Shame knitting is not more exercise friendly because I really could do with a more strenuous workout. Have you heard anything about an exercise group in memorial park ? I plan to jon when my leg is fixed as I am lined up to get a scan. Fingers crossed it will happen soon as I first saw gp about it 7 years ago. I am having a cuppa before going back out to finish the back garden hopefully before the rain arrives.

D

Deleted member 308541

I have dropped down to 85.8 kg from 98 kg when I weighed myself at my GP's yesterday, which is more than I wanted to lose. I am now down to the weight I was a smoker.

I need to work out how put it back on so I get back to 90 kg where I wanted to be in the first place.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
You and me both @Tipetoo I seem to be sticking at 10 St 5 Lb over the las couple of weeks, caught sight of myself in the mirror the other day frightened the hell out of me I want to put at least a few pounds back on but am not having much success.

D

Deleted member 308541

caught sight of myself in the mirror the other day frightened the hell out of me
Same here, I get a number one clipper cut haircut and I look really gaunt now as I have lost a lot from around my face.

Getting tempted to give the Metformin the flick, but I am not totally sure this the right way about getting some weight back on.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Stuck on the 130kg mark. Please god help me lose 2 more stone. Then we'll see after that! I don't really want bariatric surgery but if needs must?

David_A_Hughes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
12st 4lbs (172lbs (UK), 78Kg approx) - as usual. This gives me a BMI of pretty well where it should be (22.6) and it rarely changes. Annoyingly, the BMI calculator I used tells me I'm the correct weight for my age and height, reducing my chances of developing type 2 diabetes! Perhaps I shouldn't moan so much about my high BG figures......but I will.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I love baby wool. So soft and snuggly but as you say it does take such a long time and now I have a touch of arthritis I find thicker yarns easier to manage. Shame knitting is not more exercise friendly because I really could do with a more strenuous workout. Have you heard anything about an exercise group in memorial park ? I plan to jon when my leg is fixed as I am lined up to get a scan. Fingers crossed it will happen soon as I first saw gp about it 7 years ago. I am having a cuppa before going back out to finish the back garden hopefully before the rain arrives.
I had a quick look online about this walking group, the most useful site was Cov Council. They have a section on leisure and culture which has some useful links, and the community groups section is useful too. If you do decide to join the group let me know, I can come along with you. I have a bad back so walking is my main form of exercise, it only takes me half an hour to get to the Memorial Park so it's nice and convenient for me.