diet pepsi or not

bedshaped2000

can somebody please help me with something that i cant work out. since my diagnoses i have been drinking coke zero and pepsi max regular with no bg rises or falls. this week diet pepsi was on special so bought some fancying a change because the zero drinks taste a lot sweeter. since then my bgs have been higher than normal. well this morning i had a diet pepsi and after a hour i had a headache so tested myself thinking i was low. :eek: 7.8 what when how last snack 2 and a half hours ago was a apple showing 5.4 aafter 2 hrs. is this something changing or could these cans been labbeled up wrong. its made me all paranoid with my diabetes again testing every hour. anyone? suspected caffeine but there is caffeeine in the zero drinks and these dont touch me. im flabagasted.

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can use a meter to see if it's diet or not, when I suspected a hotel had given me non diet I tested it and the meter said 'hi' , got it changed to diet and it said 'lo'.

sorefinger

Dislikes
people who upset me
look what wiki has to say about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_Pepsi .. better of drinking water :wink:

jane22

I find drinking in a bar a bit of a pain really. There are all my friends around me drinking all sorts and me with a glass of water. The stuff in all these diet drinks does bother me. Anyway I have come to terms with it a bit and often have the fizzy water with a load of ice and lemon or even better a slice of lime in it. I console myself with the fact that the water will be better for my skin, teeth and probably my stomach too. :wink:

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
I cannot tolerate any of these commercial drinks with weird sweeteners as they really shoot my BG levels up for some strange reason, so I don't touch them at all. :roll:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I make it my rule that if coke/lemonade doesn't come in a bottle or a can in a pub/restaurant I leave well alone. I don't trust those pumps, as I am sure I have been given full sugar coke in the past when eating out, plus I find the drinks from them pumps quite disgusting! :roll:

Nigel