Type 1 Missed insulin emergency!!

linda_b

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad you're sorted now. Don't beat yourself up about it, we all make mistakes. I forgot to pack two Novorapid pens over Christmas. I was staying with family in Wales miles away from anywhere! Novorapid ran out Christmas day, I didn't want to worry anyone so I went carb free for a day was still getting high readings but it was the best I could do in that situation. Luckily I came home Boxing Day so headed straight to the fridge to grab a pen! It was stupid off me to forget to double check before I left but like others have said we're human we make errors and I now know for next time.

Reactions: Mr.White

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My most common mistake is not checking how much is left in the pen cartridge :banghead:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I went away quite soon after getting my pump and took a spare set change but bent the cannula when doing my set change and didn't have a spare so had to get a novorapid pen from boots but was still in the mid 20's as didn't have a basal pen so came home a day early, that was a lesson learned for me. It can happen to anyone but the site on Facebook are brilliant and you can generally source spares from another type 1 there ;)

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Mr.White

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Glad you're sorted now. Don't beat yourself up about it, we all make mistakes. I forgot to pack two Novorapid pens over Christmas. I was staying with family in Wales miles away from anywhere! Novorapid ran out Christmas day, I didn't want to worry anyone so I went carb free for a day was still getting high readings but it was the best I could do in that situation. Luckily I came home Boxing Day so headed straight to the fridge to grab a pen! It was stupid off me to forget to double check before I left but like others have said we're human we make errors and I now know for next time.

Thanks, good thinking glad you sorted it, I'll remember that for next time about carbs

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

A bit like the last time I went to France Skiing for a week, and completely forgot to pack any spare insulin cartridges................!

Reactions: steve_p6

linda_b

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A bit like the last time I went to France Skiing for a week, and completely forgot to pack any spare insulin cartridges................!

I was so angry with myself! But just goes to prove 25 years on mistakes can still happen

Reactions: steve_p6

steve_p6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been there done that, had to survive the day on just Novo and ski over to Val D'Isere the next day to buy a pack of Levemir pens.

Reactions: slip