Sun burn

Robyn@29

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I consider myself to have olive skin, it used to take a lot to burn and would go brown really easily. Only diagnosed in October so this is my first diabetic summer, only been in the garden on n off for about 2 hours this morning, so it was quite cool and I'm really burnt already... :( anyone else noticed that they burn more since diagnosis? I'm have humalog and levemir as my insulins, if that makes an difference :S

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm T2 not on insulin but I take gliclizide and I have found in past summers that I burn more easily- it does say in the patient info leaflet that it can make you more sensitive to sun. I know it won't help you as it's different altogether but who knows? Lol

Reactions: Robyn@29

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am same as you. I burn more easily now so I just slap on factor 30 for the first week or so then down to factor 15.

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Robyn@29 hi i take two different sorts of insulin Novo rapid +lantus just had a look at side affects and dos and don'ts and can't see anything about sun burn going brown etc so if you find out more would you let me know thanks PS this also applies to tablet medication

PansyP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm Type 2 and have never burnt here in the UK and only whilst on the beach in Italy ten years ago. My medication has made no difference whatsoever. It even actually seems to take longer for my skin to go darker.

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I burn easily so will have to watch that!

Robyn@29

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Robyn@29 hi i take two different sorts of insulin Novo rapid +lantus just had a look at side affects and dos and don'ts and can't see anything about sun burn going brown etc so if you find out more would you let me know thanks PS this also applies to tablet medication
I'm part of a treatment trial at Guy's and my next visit is Wednesday so I'll ask my doctors n let you know :)