Type 2 Wiseowls Hb1Ac results

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good afternoon I have just received my Hb1Ac 6 month assessment results,can anyone tell me what 39 means it looks ok I think,I asked the receptionist what was that in m/mols and she said I haven't got a clue:)

pril tes.JPG

Reactions: Ultramum

PansyP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Back to the drawing board wiseowl! No just teasing! The results are extremely good and not surprising given your fasting levels that you have been posting! Keep it up!

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@wiseowl_123 That's a great result! You are now in the non-diabetic range (below 42). It's trhe same figure I got on my last HbA1c test.
Your cholesterol figures are good too.
Keep doing what you are doing! :)

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
great result well done. Although I would have expected a lot lower from your very low fasting numbers.

I conclude from this that either you're having high spikes after eating or you are a heavy glycator or have abnormally long lived red cells.

regardless, great control anyway.

Reactions: Prem51

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done. That is a great drop from January (50) and a magnificent drop from October (114) :)

It converts to an average of 6.5mmol/l (meter units) in case you didn't know that.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good afternoon @Jamesuk9 my friend I have a large Sunday roast once a week and 40 g of porridge every morning,I know that these two do cause a spike but I am happy with a Hb1Ac of 39 and I am not giving them up,a little bit of what you fancy does you good my friend:D

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon @Jamesuk9 my friend I have a large Sunday roast once a week and 40 g of porridge every morning,I know that these two do cause a spike but I am happy with a Hb1Ac of 39 and I am not giving them up,a little bit of what you fancy does you good my friend:D

Absolutely. I wasn't criticising, just analysing. Great result.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Brilliant need I say more well OK then fantastic incredible amazing wonderful yippee!! :)

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great result @wiseowl_123
You've worked hard and achieved what you set out to in only 6 months so well done.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Hi @wiseowl_123, very good result, mine was elevated slightly from 35 to 36, and like you I choose porridge sometimes (35 grams), and 2 bowls of berries and nuts twice a day most days. You have done extra well however when you look at your diagnosed level, over the time taken - outstanding.

Reactions: PansyP