Insulin pen and blood glucose monitor case

brogantyler

Hi,

Does anyone know any shops or websites which supply nice looking or more attractive cases for insulin pens and blood glucose monitors?

Thanks

Brogan

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there!

Depends on your taste. I've know some members use some pretty jazzy pencil cases to carry stuff..

Reactions: Shine311

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I use a pencil case for my insulin pens and needles as well... just went to one of those stationary shops and found a slim one. Here we can buy cases from Diabetes Australia shops too.

glavesr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Try desang kit bags big enough to keep every thing u need close especially when traveling

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
I carry my stuff in a make up bag and I have a Frio bag for going away. I really really don't like those imo cheap nylon wallets that always supplied with the kit. There's some snazzy pencil cases too. Amazon is a good place to look. 'Not on the high street' has a good choice of make up bags.

glavesr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Try desang kit bags big enough to keep every thing u need close especially when traveling

9b793233ffbb20e22867a77706941967.jpg

Completely leather
I have a small one which is use day and can carry on pen plus all my testing kits and a larger one for over night and holidays which can carry two pens and almost every bit of kit you could possibly need

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm looking for a new one too. One which can carry 2 pens. I'm currently using a small make-up bag but I'd prefer an organiser. Not black nylon or black leather. Something girly!
I'll keep looking too.

Reactions: PI3.14

Catherine4188

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I got mine from funky pumpers, but it's a myabetic product. It's fantastic. Keeps me really organised and stops the scramble for all the things I need when I go out. Was £24 I think and there were loads of colour options.
de61a5dbe4e282aa2cfbb01fbdfa2f7f.jpg
30c107fb11e83b1236053b2ede8dffc0.jpg

Reactions: Ledzeptt

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Has anyone found a case that also has room for sharps? I notice that the mydiabetic case has room for used test strips, but what about used (pen) needles and lancets?

I tend to put them in old BD test strip containers for safety when I'm out and about (as I obviously don't want to carry a sharps bin with me). It would be good to have everything in one place though.

D

Deleted member 308541

what about used (pen) needles and lancets?
Get a Accu-Chek Multiclix lancing device that uses a six lancet drum, the drum can be disposed of safely with out using a Sharps.

I know it does not solve your problem with pen needles, but there will be a work around for it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ledzeptt

Catherine4188

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone found a case that also has room for sharps? I notice that the mydiabetic case has room for used test strips, but what about used (pen) needles and lancets?

I tend to put them in old BD test strip containers for safety when I'm out and about (as I obviously don't want to carry a sharps bin with me). It would be good to have everything in one place though.

I put my used fast clicks back in the mesh compartment and my needles too as they have covers in them. When I get home a empty out the used ones. It's the simplest way I've found.