TEST STRIP QUESTIONS

testing

Hello just like to ask some people. How much do you pay per box of testing strips in your area. The one touch ultra to be specific. I saw these for sale and thought it was a good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320554330062&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Vortex

Test strip plonker

I think I may have been a bit of a plonker so feel free to tell me.

I've been using a meter the past which didn't require strips to be coded and so I would put al the strips in a single vial to reduce what I was carrying.

My new meter has arrived and this does need strips coding. I have three vials with 25 strips in two and 10 in the last vial. All have the code 25 on so without thinking I transferred them all to a single vial so I could have everything in the carry case.

So my question is are these ok to use as the code is the same on each vial or do I now need 'fesh' vials ?

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Re: Testing Strips.

Hi testing
I dont use the same test strips as you but I do find that the "buy now" prices are very similar I watch for my Aviva Nano strips coming on the auction .More often than not they reach a similar price to the "buy now" ones .If you type up the name of your strips on the E Bay site it will give you a list if you think you have found a bargain go for it but do check the expirary date of any strips you are going to buy .Sometimes largeer quantities are cheaper but you may not use them before the date runs out.
CAROL

badmedisin

All prescriptions are free in the uk if you're diabetic and on medication.
Which is nice. Otherwise I would have to declare myself bankrupt. :)

Magill

Dislikes
Some of the "candidates" in the Apprentice - I would never have employed some of the nasty individuals that pop up as potential employees in this show. If they are the best on offer then heaven help us!

Because sometimes you are limited in the number of strips/lancets they will prescribe for you. I'm lucky, my GP writes a script every time I ask for one and gives me 100 at a time. Unfortunately not everyone is this lucky.

peecee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)

Yeah its a bit of a post code lottery here whether you get strips or not, i don't think type 1's have a problem but i do know that a lot of type 2's are either restricted in rhe number of strips they can get or are not prescribed them at all, :cry: hence the brisk trade on ebay!

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: Test strip plonker

As long as the codes WERE all the same it doesn't matter that they've been transferred to another vial with strips with the same code...

peecee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type

sorefinger said:
Yes.. but... where are the people of ebay getting the strips from... :?:
Probably getting them prescribed but sell them on rather than put them to good use!!

C

catherinecherub

Hi Vortex,

I would also add that if you are going to top vials up then make sure of the expiry dates. You could end up with some old ones in there.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
WOOOARH ...hang on there

All this talk about putting test strips into one pot? This is wrong! Did you know that a built into each pot is a lining or lid that contains a substance designed to remove damp air from around the strips in an effort to keep them viable. This substance is of limited life and every time you open the pot to extract a strip, it becomes a little weaker. If you keep using the same pot or overload it with an excess of strips, you are in danger of using deteriorated strips and getting erroneous readings.
The strip manufacturers do not anticipate the posts being used for more strips that printed on the label!

C

catherinecherub

You are so right Hobs, bad practice. All these things are in the above link.